Windows 7 Win7 64Bit not reading all DVDs

Dcashdollar

My Optiarc AD-7201s5 DVD-RW drive isn't loading my PC-DVD games. I recently bought Borderlands and put it into my DVD drive and it did not load. I know for a fact my DVD drive works as I installed Windows 7 via the DVD on the same drive. It will also burn DVDs and CDs, and read CDs, but will not read any Games on DVD. Please help.

Well I've spent 20 mintes googling this because it found several hits.. but the ONLY answer I have found was where a guy said he cleaned the lense in the dvd. He said: "I wasn't expecting much but its worked! So very strange that the drive was still able to read everything BUT games on DVD."

Thats basically what is wrong with mine. I cleaned it with a cleaning disk and it still won't read DVD Games. This is very frustrating because that's the main reason I have this computer.

Thats basically what is wrong with mine. I cleaned it with a cleaning disk and it still won't read DVD Games. This is very frustrating because that's the main reason I have this computer.

I don't think a cleaning disk is that effective. You should get a q-tip and some rubbing alchol and work on it directly.

I have published thousands of cd rom disks full of shareware and the burners where beaten so heavily I had to clean the lenses frequently.

That doesn't mean it will fix it but easier than replacing the dvd.

You will have to try another dvd.. or at least check your game disks in another computer.

Back