Windows 7 Win7 Starter 32bit Unidentified network and limited access

zestoretic

hi i bought new notebook which is win 7 starter 32bit edition but in my home to my wireless network i couldnt connect which is writing limited access and when i open network and sharing centre is writing unidentified network but my other 7 friends can connect also with cellphone but my notebook cant.... and i can connect another wireless networks like library mcdonalds starbucks when i writing ipconfig all its giving Apipa ip ... how can i solve this problem

Cheers !

hi i bought new notebook which is win 7 starter 32bit edition but in my home to my wireless network i couldnt connect which is writing limited access and when i open network and sharing centre is writing unidentified network but my other 7 friends can connect also with cellphone but my notebook cant.... and i can connect another wireless networks like library mcdonalds starbucks when i writing ipconfig all its giving Apipa ip ... how can i solve this problem

Cheers !
You can try unchecking IPv6 in the properties of your network adapter(s) and see if that helps (reboot)
Also you can check with you router manufacturer and see if their is a firmware update for your specific router.
Also check the version of encryption on the router, sometime Win7 doesn't seem to work well with WEP, but will work fine with WPA (you can also try running the router open for testing just to see if there is an issue with the encryption key you entered.

Las DNS

Eso es por las DNS, ponlas en configuración manual y lo solucionas...

Informáticos Madrid Link Removed - Invalid URL

i uploaded some ss from my comp and sorry trouble i didnt understand you :( Can you speak plz more simple ... ?

Attachments

• unidentified network.jpg
    unidentified network.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 2,152
  • ipconfig.jpg
    ipconfig.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 971
  • limited accesss.jpg
    limited accesss.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 901
i uploaded some ss from my comp and sorry trouble i didnt understand you :( Can you speak plz more simple ... ?
I'll try....type ncpa.cpl into the search box or run dialog box of your computer and hit enter. On the resultant page hightlight/select your wireless adapter and right click and choose properties. On the resultant page (which is the properties dialog box for your wireless adapter) remove the check from the box that says Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and reboot your machine. I suspect that since you said earlier that your wireless works in other environments that the problem is probably your router and it's possible that it is having problems with IPv6. Have you tried connecting the computer to the router using a wired connection to see if you have the same issue.
I suggested that perhaps a router firmware update might help. So if you could check the router manufacturer's website, regarding your specific model name, number and version informations they may have a firmware update for you.
Also, often wireless routers run some time of encryption to secure them from unauthorized access, this can be WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc. so I was suggesting that perhaps you could either change the encryption type or remove it completely for testing purposes.
Your command prompt window shows that the wireless adapter has what's called an APIPA address, which means that it is not receiveing DHCP information from your wireless router and without it you are not going to be able to do anything network related. So you need to resolve this issue, and that's why I made the suggestions above.
You can also resolve to configure the IPv4 information manually by assigning a static ipaddress, subnet mask, default gateway and dns server and I would be happy to help with that if you can provide an ipconfig /all screen shot from a computer that is actually working on the network, but if you do this then you will have issues, when you go out and about with the computer to other hotspots as you described above. So I think the best approach would be to resolve your issues with the router and start by disabling IPv6 and perhaps disabling any network adapters that you are not using.

Last edited:
Back