Windows 8 Win8 64bit - HDMI no sound

lordphobos

Hi everyone, I'm having some issues with my sound through HDMI.

I have my computer running through my amplifier to my TV and had decided to upgrade to a SSD drive. Previously I was running Win7 32bit and had the AMD drivers installed for my ATI Radeon HD 5450 card and the sound worked fine.

I disconnected my old drive, and installed Windows 8 64bit on my new SSD drive. After the install the sound worked fine. I then added the Windows Media Center Add-on and my sound stopped working. I then when to the AMD site and downloaded the newest beta drivers and currently have the AMD High Defination Audio Driver 8.0.0.8808 installed. I do have my HDMI output device set as my default device but am still getting no sound. When I click the sound test button the bars go up and down but no sound. When I plug regular speakers in the the back and change the default device to speakers I can get sound.

Is there a switch or setting on the amp for passthrough to enable or disable.

Hi everyone, I'm having some issues with my sound through HDMI.

I have my computer running through my amplifier to my TV and had decided to upgrade to a SSD drive. Previously I was running Win7 32bit and had the AMD drivers installed for my ATI Radeon HD 5450 card and the sound worked fine.

I disconnected my old drive, and installed Windows 8 64bit on my new SSD drive. After the install the sound worked fine. I then added the Windows Media Center Add-on and my sound stopped working. I then when to the AMD site and downloaded the newest beta drivers and currently have the AMD High Defination Audio Driver 8.0.0.8808 installed. I do have my HDMI output device set as my default device but am still getting no sound. When I click the sound test button the bars go up and down but no sound. When I plug regular speakers in the the back and change the default device to speakers I can get sound.

If all you did was move to a new hard drive then this is a drivers issue that got screwed up when you installed this media center add-in, or, it changed a default setting somewhere for your output in order for sound through this HDMI port.

I figure it was a driver issue..I've downloaded the newest ATI Radeon HD5450 drivers from AMD which hasn't fixed the problem. And the HD output device is set to be the default device.

I've also installed the new Realtec driver...no luck.

Anyone know if there are any other drivers I should try?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom