Windows 8 win8 start screen apps stall on loading

mordie

I got a weird issue with win8 ..

at the start screen the apps for mail,calender and store when i open them stall in a loading screen (it just continues in a loop of loading) but the other apps work fine

Anyone had this or know how to fix it? ...it was working the another night fine :/

Hi,

firstly did you change anything between now and the other night? Also there has been a number of updates regarding this issue, do you know if your win 8 is fully updated?

Hi,

firstly did you change anything between now and the other night? Also there has been a number of updates regarding this issue, do you know if your win 8 is fully updated?

Nothing changed - though the only thing I think is related tothe issue is my PC decided to reboot itself the other night.

The Win8 I have is the one downloaded via the Update assistant ...

I'm wondering it I should to a win8 refresh via recovery - if that's possible with this download upgrade version.. I'm talking the recovery tool that doesn't delete anything ...

oh and how do you invoke it anyways?

Regards

mordie

Hi Mordie,

I was going to suggest a refresh so here's what you do.. Place cursor top or bottom right to open the charms and choose settings. Click on 'change pc settings' and then look for 'General' on the left of the next screen. Open up the General tab and scroll down. You'll then see a number of options allowing you to turn the install back to factory settings.

Hi Mordie,

I was going to suggest a refresh so here's what you do.. Place cursor top or bottom right to open the charms and choose settings. Click on 'change pc settings' and then look for 'General' on the left of the next screen. Open up the General tab and scroll down. You'll then see a number of options allowing you to turn the install back to factory settings.

Thanks Kemical - I found the setting and did the refresh option :) It fixed the issue however had to end up reinstall Office 2010 and mess about with my steam to get the games I have all setup ...

more fiddling to get some programs i had working again than anything - i found most of the stuff hidden in the windows.old folder - some odd things it decided to move in there! ..

Anyhow all fixed and up and running...

now to get McAfees Enterprise to work nicely with win8 ... auto updates have been failing that;s OT and I'm gonna try a reinstall of scratch...

Regards

Mordie
Melb, AU

Hi Mordie,

Glad to hear your getting things sorted. To be honest it took me a few days to get my system running the way i like it as well as having everything run when it should etc. Going through the beta versions helped but still, it still took a me a couple of days to get my house in order. That was back when the RTM was first released (August) and I haven't looked back since. Windows 8 has only got better with updates becoming more frequent but don't forget this is new software and we are at the cutting edge so one or two things might not run as they should straight away..

Back
Top Bottom