Windows 7 window 7 hanging after login

ljy888

New to the forum, thought I try a new thread to see if I get some help. I'll continue to search the forum for this too.

I had Vista 64 bit home premium and decided to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional, didn't realize it wasn't just a simple upgrade until I started the install and had to do custom. Everythng seemed to work fine with the install, patched loaded, all look pretty cool. The issue I'm having is when I boot up and login, my laptop seems to hang after the desktop appears. I can see the HD activity going on, when i click on Start nothing happens, nothing on the task bar responds. Now if I do a Cntl, Alt, Del and just hit cancel my laptop comes back to life and works properly. I've let the laptop sit for at 10 minutes and still won't do anything until I do cntrl, alt, del, and cancel out of it.

Any ideas or suggestions to not have to kick start things with the three finger solute and cancel out of it

New to the forum, thought I try a new thread to see if I get some help. I'll continue to search the forum for this too.

I had Vista 64 bit home premium and decided to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional, didn't realize it wasn't just a simple upgrade until I started the install and had to do custom. Everythng seemed to work fine with the install, patched loaded, all look pretty cool. The issue I'm having is when I boot up and login, my laptop seems to hang after the desktop appears. I can see the HD activity going on, when i click on Start nothing happens, nothing on the task bar responds. Now if I do a Cntl, Alt, Del and just hit cancel my laptop comes back to life and works properly. I've let the laptop sit for at 10 minutes and still won't do anything until I do cntrl, alt, del, and cancel out of it.

Any ideas or suggestions to not have to kick start things with the three finger solute and cancel out of it
Trying to upgrade from Vista to Win7 yields some weird results and IMHO you have just found one. Your data should still be there in your corrupt Win7 installation. I would make room in the HD (will probably have to use something like Acronis at this point) and do a clean install of Win7. You will get a dual-boot but the old Win7 boot will still give you the same problems. Boot to the new Win7 from the dual-boot and move your data over and reinstall your applications.

Ok rather than pay for another tool, can someone give a quick step by step instructions on loading from scratch. Is it possibe to do that from a Windows 7 pro upgrade that I bought? I have my data backed up already.

Another strange thing that's happening too is within IE going from different pages IE disappears for a few seconds then pops back up. It's strange, because it doesn't happen all the time just randomly.

This is why I'm leaning to doing a clean install if possible from a upgraded if possible.

Ok rather than pay for another tool, can someone give a quick step by step instructions on loading from scratch. Is it possibe to do that from a Windows 7 pro upgrade that I bought? I have my data backed up already.

Another strange thing that's happening too is within IE going from different pages IE disappears for a few seconds then pops back up. It's strange, because it doesn't happen all the time just randomly.

This is why I'm leaning to doing a clean install if possible from a upgraded if possible.

Here's a link to complete instructions.... Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom