Windows 7 Window explorer top right search not working

user2616

Whenever i type something into the search bar on the top right in window explorer, nothing happens. It usually gives a bunch of files but not all matching files. Please help.

hello

welcome to the forums

just to make sure you are aware, the search box in the top right corner of the folder only searches that current folder for the file name you are searching for and not the entire pc,

e.g if you are in the pictures folder and you are searching for a song, if there are no songs in that folder then no results will be found

for a search everywhere use the search bar above the start menu

Hi user2616 and, as kaos says, Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. If, by chance, kaos' answer didn't work, no offense intended kaos, but I'm curious what version of IE you're using. If your using anything less that IE9, have you assigned a default search engine to the search box?

no offence would be taken at all alfred, this site its for ideas and our views on what a solution would be , the only thing is ... is it a problem with internet explorer or windows explorer as they are 2 diff things, let me no how u got on by searching by start :)

no offence would be taken at all alfred, this site its for ideas and our views on what a solution would be , the only thing is ... is it a problem with internet explorer or windows explorer as they are 2 diff things, let me no how u got on by searching by start :)

Excellent point kaos, wish I had thought of it before I posted. Let's see what response we get. :)

Back