Windows 7 window wont boot after update

ndb

So it looks like this. Today I installed an update on my W7 and after restart windows wont boot (I can only see "loading windows" but no animation). I cant even boot it in safe mode because it gets stuck on classpnp.sys. Running standard boot recovery didn't do anything. It says there is a problem but it cant fix it.

PC:
Asus K8ne
athlon 64 3000+
1 ata drive + 1 sata both from WD
1gb ram
Radeon HD2400

It doesn't look good I'm afraid ndb. I think unless you can get either the repair console to work or your able to restore it to an earlier time then it's going to have to be a fresh install..

W7 really starts to piss me off. I cant rollback to earlier point becouse I didint do any, same with system image. The install is quite fresh but I really would like to recover it without format. I have tried last good configuration but it didnt do anything. I can run Recovery Console, well not quite because it ask for admin password. When I installed W7 I entered password and used it to login to W7 but it doesn't work in recovery console and I don't know why.

I think maybe one of the drivers didn't download right on update.
I'm no expert but I would try to do something with the driver that fails to load but I don't even know which driver it is because safe mode stops at loaded: ...claspnp.sys so i don't know what driver is next.

I will be really grateful for any advice

Dude, I feel your pain.

My post is just below .... " Windows 7 fails to boot ". Mine was also an update that caused it.

Just out of interest my hardware is completly differnt to yours........ ( HP Laptop with Intel Chip )

Ive even tried the repair installation instructions, but It tells me I have to boot from the Hard Drive and then mount the CD, ( which is what I did ).

Lionel

Just so we are both clear about running the repair option.. You need to change the boot order to boot from disk, then when it gets to the install page, hit repair instead. Sorry if you've already tried this but I just wanted to make sure that we were both on the same page...

Tried both repair optons form W7 DVD and by clicking F8 on startup both failed.
One thing I forgot to mention. I have dual boot setup with XP and W7.

Hmm...we have had quite a few posts from users dual booting with xp.. Not sure if that's actually got anything to do with it but I'll keep monitoring the situation.
As for your present situation... My initial assessment still stands...sorry :frown:

Same Here

I loaded Win 7 on a separate partition and it works fine...until it updates. I've reloaded 3 times and the same thing happens. Good load and dual boot options (Vista or Windows 7) but when Win 7 updates I get a black screen and a blinking cursor afterwards. Vista is unharmed. I've noticed that Window 7 changes the letter on partitions but it stays the same in Vista. Not sure if this is the problem or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

I tried that kemical. I even created restore point in both Vista and 7 but no luck with either. Repair nor Restore worked. I actually loaded it successfully for a 4th time but I hurried and logged off before it tries to update. I won't boot back to 7 until I find a fix.

Have you tried to stop it from updating? Just change the settings to 'Check for updates but let me whether to download and install them'.

Tried it. When I tried to shut down it said installed before shutting down. I never even noticed the download or I would have dropped my connection. I may just try again.

You might have to re-install to do it, not sure, but when you first install your asked about updates and I always click 'ask me later'. This means updates will not be automatically applied (as I'm sure your aware) and it gives you chance to change the setting to the one I suggested above.

Back