Windows 10 Windows 10 and Yahoo Issues

TerryLP

I have just upgraded to Windows 10. The whole operation seemed to go very smoothly. I did not run into any problems until I started setting up my email account. I have had a Yahoo account through AT&T for years. Well I found out that trying to set it up using the Yahoo button would not work, so I used the advanced settings and set it up manually. At first this appeared to work just fine. I got to all my emails. I am able to both sent and receive. Then I realized that my folders were missing. I worked with every setting that I could find but no good. I have no TRASH folder, no SPAM folder, and none of the folders that I have created. I did find that if I went to Yahoo through EDGE and navigated to my account, everything was there. The problem only exists when I use the MAIL button to access my account. I contacted AT&T Technical Support. I went through one technician and one supervisor. The best that they could come up with was that Windows 10 and Yahoo are not compatible. I was just trying to find out if anyone else has run into this issue and if there is a solution or is it truly a compatibility issue.

Well the Windows 10 compatibility centre seems to think they are compatible:
yahoo.JPG

Windows Compatibility Center Yahoo mail

I may be be mistaken here but these folders that you created, were they in the Yahoo email application page? If so then they won't be found in the Windows 10 mail app as they are two separate apps.

Hi Kemical, thanks for your reply. I guess it is a matter of the degree of compatibility. It can certainly send and receive emails, but there is no way to send something to spam. You also have no way to check to see what might have wound up in the Spam or Trash folders. Not a major problem, but sort of makes the app kind of lame. Anyway, I appreciate your help my friend.

Have you tried right clicking on the offending mail to see what options come up?

Yeah, I tried that. I clicked and right clicked on everything on the screen. The AT&T technician took control of my screen and did the same thing. It is not the end of the world. I hope that they will eventually get it worked out. I am going to work with this for a while on my laptop and wait to upgrade my main computer. I will see what happens.

Back