The install went fine and it's flying along. Just doing some benchies and I'm impressed.

ok thx. for me 39 / 82.
I think the increase in running processes is due to the fact that svchost is now running in separate process, showing the name of the service involved... This is really cool though.

they are already working on test builds for the insider program as we speak. so folks need to decide if they want to go with test builds or stay with the preview/public builds.

Clarification: they are building test builds already for this falls Redstone 3 update.

Last edited:
I'm not easily impressed either :D
As you know, same here.. To be honest the more i use it the more i like. The break up of the original control panel is much improved although the odd option can be a bugger to find.
Today I'm going to try and bench this game mode and see what returns it gives, if any. Using a 980Ti I doubt I'll see much but lower end spectrum cards may really benefit..

I'll probably bench a little too... What bench do you usually use ? It coulb be interesting that we all use the same bench to compare ;)

Well I'm hoping 3Dmark will work ok with the 'game bar' but if not Unigen's Heaven or Valley might do..

Nice.. I'll grab it shortly. Thanks for the heads up, oh and I love the site your linking to.. 3D Guru I'm in there every day for news and stuff. Excellent site!

Well 'Game mode' does seem to do something, this is before:
3dmark.jpg
After I enabled game mode I got this:
3Dmark2.jpg

Maybe there's something to it after all and if Microsoft have got this right then they are going to make a killing (as if they haven't already)..

Well 'Game mode' does seem to do something, this is before:
View attachment 34655
After I enabled game mode I got this:
View attachment 34656

Maybe there's something to it after all and if Microsoft have got this right then they are going to make a killing (as if they haven't already)..

Game mode basically shifts your system resources to the back letting your system fully run the game the best it can. Windows 10 Creators Update will have a Game Mode that shifts resources to gameplay (old article)

LOL! To be honest I was referring to whether it actually worked or not as we've had so many claims by manufacturer's regarding this idea.. It does look like it works but benching was a rush job and I'll take my time over it later..

Back