Windows 10 Windows 10 Has Reached RTM Escrow

Sonny, could you explain what the RTM Escrow stage means? Does it mean anything more than it won't be adding additional eye candy?

If someone asked me, based on what I have seen with the Insiders program builds, would I recommend Windows 10, I would say not only NO, but heck NO.

If Microsoft is even floating the idea of releasing this OS to the public, I feel there must be one heck of a disconnect from the Insider Users.

Saltgrass, I have no idea what RTM Escrow stage means. Like you I would not recommend Windows 10. Atleast not right now. I went back to Windows 8.1 Pro and will stay there until the final version comes out. I will try it but no guaranties that I will keep it. It is scary to think that they might be releasing it to the public the way it is.

Thanks Bassfisher, I know since I read the referenced link. I just wanted to know if he had any special information from his inside contacts. ;)

Wouldn't it be depressing if you found out Microsoft has had the RTM in the can for the last eight months?

But they have! It was meant to be called Windows 8.2 with some features added -lol

Escrow , if anyone is at all interested, is a financial term, which was pirated by MS, and probably many others. some time ago.
Essentially it means money, or funds, are being frozen, or held over, awaiting further investigation.- This would, as an example, be the case of bank accounts held by a convicted criminal.
As is obvious, putting it into a loose IT interpretation, it means, as we have surmised, that the development branch has stopped (development) and is now concentrating on cleaning up.
I can think of several ways to turn the letters into rude and sarcastic mnemonics.

Back