Windows 10 Windows 10 Insider Preview

He did follow that post up with a second one "No ISO today"
Reminding folks that ISOs come with slow ring releases and this one is for fast ring folks

My point is I feel it is inappropriate a private Twitter account is being used to disseminate information to Insiders.

Since e-mail and the Insider Hub would be a more appropriate place, why have not those assets been utilized?? The program is almost over, but I have been disappointed with the Insider communication the entire time...

Absolutely, Saltgrass. Why all the publicity and fuss about the insider, if the guy is going to use other means!

I have even posted the same query on the insider forums - without any official response!

Last edited:
I do agree with the summary that, social media might be less than optimal for the dissemination of information regarding new builds, but.....
The program is almost over
I'm not sure that, that is accurate.
I've been hearing that insiders will be able to continue through RTM and into "Redstone".
Provided they're not completely exhausted by that time.

Yep. Stuck with the ESD convert until later. Still better than nothing IMHO

As I understand it, the fast ring releases the, possibly, buggy OSs?, whether converted ESD or OS.
I think I will stick with the slow ring.

Mine seems to indicate it is downloading also. I bet because an announcement was made, the site may be a little busier than a normal sneaky release... ;)

Edit: I am using the new Data Usage page to track the download, although it looks like it doesn't update on the go or is at least delayed with updated usage.

Downloading now and it does seem to be slow going. I think you are right and it might be just busier than normal.

I wish you could just download the ISO I don't care for the upgrade method. And a clean install from may be faster than the upgrade;)
Joe

The label on the .iso file appears to show 10122...

The downloads after the install completes are taking as long as the original download. I wonder if they screwed up again and included the language packs. I suppose the drivers for the Sound and Bluetooth are also fairly large and right now my Atheros Bluetooth is showing inoperative. Hopefully a driver is being supplied for it.

Changes and fixes included in the build 10122 are listed below:
Start and Continuum improvements: We’ve further refined the visual layout of Start by moving File Explorer and Settings to the bottom left of Start next to Power and All Apps for better symmetry. We have also updated the context menu when you right-click on items on Start. In addition, the ability to toggle between Start menu and Start screen has been moved to the new Start settings page under Personalization settings. When you switch to Tablet mode, the left-hand pane is now collapsed and can be brought back out by clicking the icon at the top left. Start also now has larger tiles to better use the available space– similar to what was seen in Windows 8.1.

Microsoft Edge: This build has the New Tab Page for Microsoft Edge that Joe showed off in April at Build. This page features a revamped layout, including top sites, featured apps and content from MSN. It’s designed to get you to your next destination on the web as quickly as possible. The content of the page can be lightly customized in Settings. We’re still testing several different versions of the New Tab Page to learn more about how users interact with Microsoft Edge, and we have set it as the current default homepage to get as much data and feedback as possible – so let us know what you think. We’ve also added a few other things to Microsoft Edge including InPrivate mode, the ability to pin websites to Start, history view, a new animated Reading View icon, and an audio indicator on tabs that have web pages making sounds or playing music. This build also includes the latest enhancements to the Chakra engine in Microsoft Edge, which now leads all 64-bit browsers in both Google’s Octane 2.0 benchmark and Apple’s Jet Stream benchmark, and introduces class-leading ECMAScript 6 implementation.

Changes to how Windows 10 handles default apps: ‘Default apps’ refers to the way that Windows maps file types and protocols (like HTTP) to the Windows applications they open by default. For example, your favorite photo editor may be set as the default app for .JPG files, which means that when you double-click on a .JPG file in File Explorer, it opens in that photo editor. In Windows 8.1, Classic Windows applications (Win32) could invoke the prompt asking you to change your defaults, so you may have seen multiple prompts during install and after they launched. However, Windows Store apps could not invoke this prompt. Instead, a notification banner will appear after your apps are installed telling you that new apps are available and you would click on this banner to change your defaults.

Redesigned Insider Hub: The Insider Hub has gotten an overhaul in this build using a lot of the same design as the other Universal Windows apps included in Windows 10. Check out the clean new homepage where Quests are shown front and center. You can navigate to different content easily through menu and top left, your profile page can be seen at a glance, and announcement and alerts are succinctly organized. You can also easily find known issues, which was a top request from Insiders, and view new badges for achievements that you have earned and can earn.

Windows 10 build 10122 also fixes the following issues:

• We have fixed the visual glitch (“rectangle slivers”) that appears on Live Tiles on the Start menu with the new tile animation. In general, performance of the Start menu should be better in this build.
  • We believe we have fixed a lot of the crashes with Microsoft Edge (Project Spartan) reported by Windows Insiders.
  • Developers – when you go to Settings > Update & Security > For developers – it no longer crashes the Settings app.
  • We fixed the issue some people were seeing where their graphics driver fails to install from Windows Update with error code 80070103. This was happening because WU was trying to re-issue the driver.
  • You should now be able to edit the IPv4 properties of an Ethernet adapter on your PC.
  • We have fixed issues where fonts would render blurry on High DPI displays. We’re cooking up a blog post we plan to publish shortly that talks a little more in depth about our investment with High DPI in Windows 10 so watch for it.
  • We have fixed some keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Edge. Control + L or Alt + D shortcuts now got to the URL bar more reliably.
ref:
http://www.winbeta.org/news/whats-n...mproved-edge-start-and-continuum-improvements

MSI are the first motherboard manufacturer to get the Windows 10 certification on one of their moBo's:
MSI is proud to announce being world's first motherboard manufacturer to receive official Microsoft Windows 10 WHQL certification. The H81M-P33 motherboard passed Microsoft Windows 10 official certification today. The H81M-P33 is the world's first motherboard to be completely compliant with Microsoft Windows 10.
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/msi-first-motherboard-brand-to-be-windows-10-certified.html

I've been hearing that insiders will be able to continue through RTM and into "Redstone". Provided they're not completely exhausted by that time.
I was reading about Redstone, since I had not heard about it before. I notice the article states the "Updates" will not be released until after the end of the free Windows 10 promotion...

If I was the type of user that ever questioned Microsoft's motives, I might see some ulterior motive being involved.... ;)

By the way, I took my Gaming system back to Windows 8.1. I had not realized how poor the graphic quality was with Windows 10, but with 8.1 it was like someone had actually cleaned the windows... no pun intended...

Back