Windows 10 Windows 10 Insider Preview

I am running Build 18361.1 and it is running great with the exception that it wants to update my display adaptor driver (hd 530). I am running the latest from intel which is 25.20.100.6577. Windows update is wanting to put in 26.20.100.6603. How do I stop it. It is not the right driver and causes my machine to slow down and scrolling becomes jerky at times.

Just a suggestion? I am not sure how you can avoid it. But, I would allow it to install, to stop the nagging, and then roll back, if you can see you are still having graphic problems

Thanks davehc. I also found another one just a couple of minutes ago that seems to work.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG

The operating system which many thought was going to be Windows 9 is in fact going to be called Windows 10.
The preview is apparently available tomorrow 1st October 2014.
Why the sudden change from windows 9 to windows 10? If the hype is to be believed then Windows 10 is such a change from previous operating systems that it needed an extra digit:

Ref:
Windows 10 unveiled - Microsoft ushers in the next era of Windows by skipping 9

Ref:
Windows 10 will be available late next year, preview coming tomorrow

Guru3D also ran a big article today on Windows 10:

Ref:
Microsoft skips Windows 9, its now Windows 10

Signing up for Windows 10.

Many users will be wanting to know where they can get their hands on a copy of Windows 10 Preview. Luckily for us Mary Jo Foley has an article which includes the process of signing up:

Read the full article here:
Microsoft's Windows 10: What's new and how to get the preview bits | ZDNet

I read your article its amazing thanks for your information

Last edited by a moderator:
Gah Microsoft, pulling numbers out of their ass again

Also 10 seems to add features linux has had for eons now like virtual desktops.

Ok what's missing on the next screenshot:

Windows10watermarkremoved_zps74331a84.jpg

Give up?

Yup it's the watermark and this will show you how:
Removed... I eventually removed this app as it messed with the install.
As far as I can see, the Watermark is still there, is that because the app has to work actively not when you open the image, i.e. you can't save the image without the watermark?

If i remember correctly, it was a little app to remove watermark which I eventually stopped using due to it messing with the install of Win 10.

I do get how you mean it, including the comedic irony. But, for me, they are (now) in THE place I want them and I like that I can size them & move them about in that place.

Phew,!:eek:
Not too happy having my four year old post quoted - things change:confused:

Last edited:
It was just a matter of time for them I'm quite sure that option is still available, but I'm not 100% positive. I didn't search for it too closely since I wouldn't even consider it. But, once again, I am confident that the OS can be utilized with a Local Account. If I recall correctly, you look in the bottom left corner of the initial screens where it asks for one's account information; although the phrase, the wording of the link is not very evident or clearly stated as to what it is for or what it implies, it accomplishes what you want.

Back
Top Bottom