Windows 10 Windows 10 installation question

LunaticGamer06

I am not sure how this works but I have a serious question regarding the free upgrade. I bought a Sony Vaio back in 2012 when it was brand new. In 2014 the HDD gave out and I recently was given a brand new one (HDD) by a friend who bought the wrong one for his laptop but it fit in mine. I had Windows 7 Home Premium on my Vaio. I wish to install Windows 10 Home Premium to the Vaio, to upgrade to the Windows 10 platform which I rather like. Also I need an OS to get the laptop working again. Would I be able to use the free upgrade since I had Win 7 on my laptop before or would i have to pay to get the OS on my new hard drive? Not exactly sure in this situation. All I know is I have until July 29, 2016 before the free upgrade is no more. Any advice and help would be appreciated.

As long as you still have access the Windows 7 key, you can use the media creation tool for Windows 10 Windows 10 Install Windows 10 and enter the Windows 7 key to activate it.

As long as you still have access the Windows 7 key, you can use the media creation tool for Windows 10. Install Windows 10 and enter the Windows 7 key to activate it.
If it were only that easy. Installation keeps stopping at 72% saying it can't be installed. Everything meets the minimum specs. HDD is brand new. Thumb drive is still good, just it won't install on the laptop. Only time I ever had that issue on that I used a desktop to circumvent it but that option is gone. Bought a rose will power supply through newegg and every time they try to transfer me to the warranty department I get hung up on. And it is under warranty.

Back
Top Bottom