Windows 10 Windows 10 NO system sounds

DigDugFighter

Windows 10 system sounds are not working. It is set to windows default and I can test the sounds fine. Other sounds are working. Any ideas? :(

It's not muted. Been trying to figure this out all day. :D

Did you either update or re-install the audio drivers?

Do you mean you have sound but that the os is just not making any system sounds like dings etc?

When I got to windows 10 desktop it installed Realtek HD audio manager. How can I reinstall them? Yes, only system sounds are not working.

Can you post the make and model of your system please giving as much detail as poss on model number etc..

Have you ever used a Custom sound to replace the Windows default sounds? The system sounds are related to the Desktop background.

I suppose when you say they are not muted, the System Sounds volume is equal to the Speaker volume in the Volume Mixer?

Ok, So I just made a new account on the computer and the system sounds are working. I went back to my account and they are still broken. Has to be a way to fix this. :(

Nope, no custom sounds.

Try this driver download from Realtek. If it doesn't work try rolling back the drivers
Realtek

• Press WinKey + i
  • In the "Find a setting" box type sound, select sound (With speaker icon)
  • Make sure the proper audio device is set to Default Device
If you have multiple "Speakers" device try changing the default by right clicking and select "Set to Default"

• Press WinKey + i
  • In the "Find a setting" box type sound, select sound (With speaker icon)
  • Make sure the proper audio device is set to Default Device
If you have multiple "Speakers" device try changing the default by right clicking and select "Set to Default"
Yeah, I have been trying for hours. I made a new account. The sounds are working there. I tried to export the registry and add it to my account. Still didn't work. Very lame.

Back