Windows 10 Windows 10 on Toshiba Qosmio F10 (Intel Pentium M735 CPU)

ExclusiveWF

I have an old Toshiba Qosmio F10 15" Laptop from 2004 with Intel Pentium M735 1.7ghz and 2GB ram.

As far as I know, I can install only Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 and maybe Windows 8, didn't tried.

I know that I can install Linux that is 10x better on this old machine, but I would like to have Windows 10.

So basically I tried to create a DVD with Windows 10 because via USB is not possible on this model.

I know that are some limitations to install Windows 10 on Intel Pentium M735 and is possible officially only from Intel Pentium M740.

I tried also to install Intel Pentium M740 but is not fully compatible and it works on max 530mhz CPU speed, so I install back the Intel Pentium M735.

Now I would like to know how can I create a Windows 10 installation, patch it or something to work with Intel Pentium M735?

If someone that can guide me to create Windows 10 Installation is available here for help I will appreciate a lot.

Thank you in advance!
1067243.jpg
735cpu.png

There's no way to patch Windows 10 to support a CPU unless there is a patch from Microsoft. I would also be skeptical about driver support for such an old system. A Linux distro would be your best option for this device.

I see, the problem that i notice now is that after i install back Intel Pentium M735 the clock speed remain the same like when it was with M740 at 598 mhz

Do you know what can be the cause and how it can be fixed?
12cb9f6aabf39eff068a655ad67ee6d2.jpg

CPUs will throttle down based on power savings settings. Nothing to be concerned with.

It should only max out under load. If the system is idle or not under load then there's no point for it to run at full speed

You're right, on the load it goes up...so my concern now is if I replace again the CPU with a Pentium M 740, so I can run Windows 10, should be any issues regarding frequency speed?

Why no? It supports, but I would like to know if it will run at full speed, last time I didn’t check it properly...

Back