Windows 10 Windows 10 Pro Login Delay

cstocci

Hi,

My system boots up fine until I get to the pretty login picture. I can either touch the mouse or hit any key and the little box for my login password always appeared until yesterday. Now I have to wait about 45 to 50 seconds before the system reacts correctly to my request to enter my password.

When I look at the event viewer, I see a number of services being delayed by 45 seconds from starting which was never the issue a few days ago. I have had no Microsoft updates, application updates and no hardware updates over the last week, but this thing started yesterday about 2PM.

This is what happen exactly: I was in one of my VMware Workstation Pro guest machines getting a Microsoft update in that Windows 10 O/S when I noticed I was running late for a GoToMeeting, so I finished the update successfully, shut down the VM O/S successfully and started an older GoToMeeting application to get me into the meeting. When I hit that GoToMeeting "join" button, my whole system (now at my host Windows 10 Pro operation...no VM running) locked up very hard. The mouse cursor moved around, but could not select or activate anything! After a few moments, the system came around enough for me to shut everything down and reboot to get to my meeting. That is when I noticed that everything seemed normal until I went ot login by hitting the <enter> key to start the login process. Nothing happened. the date and time dropped off like it should, but the little password box did not come up, hence there was nothing to log into. I could not even reboot as nothing worked until after 45 seconds, the login box finally showed and I could log into my machine. Everything work perfectly fine after that.

Finally, I uninstalled the GoToMeeting application and did a clean reboot, but the 45 second delay still exists at the login page. If I boot into a Safe Mode., everything works fine and I login with extreme speed. I also use MSCONFIG.EXE and disables all of my non-Windows services and still have the 45 second delay to login, so it is not related to any of my applications. Besides, with no changes and everything workign from before, why would any of my applications make any difference on this login problem.

Has anybody had this kind of delayed login problem? remember, once logged in, everything works perfectly. BTW, this delay login only takes place from a cold startup or restart. You can log out and log into any other user on your machine and the login process is fast. This has something with a driver that loads one-time at either a cold-start or a warm reboot or restart.

Thanks for reading through this as I want to give people the most detail I could.

Chris

Has anybody had this kind of delayed login problem? remember, once logged in, everything works perfectly. BTW, this delay login only takes place from a cold startup or restart. You can log out and log into any other user on your machine and the login process is fast. This has something with a driver that loads one-time at either a cold-start or a warm reboot or restart.
Yes, I have seen it, it was something with a driver, some hardware needed an older version of a driver than W10 had installed....
Is a newer version of the GotoMeeting Application available? Maybe letting Windows repair itself and install the newer version?

Safe mode prevents a lot of things from loading, so it will just be a matter of disabling or removing items and testing. This could be a service, driver or even software that loads early (such as something via a scheduled task).

End point protection is a good starting point.

Yes, I have seen it, it was something with a driver, some hardware needed an older version of a driver than W10 had installed....
Is a newer version of the GotoMeeting Application available? Maybe letting Windows repair itself and install the newer version?
Hi,

I did a full uninstall using Revo Uninstaller Pro and then scanned for any fragments of the GoToMeeting program. Nothing was left, but the problem still existed. I also setup for verbose logging in the Group Policy Editor. Went to Computer Configuration=>Administrative Templates=>System=>Display highly detailed status messages. Nothing out of the ordinary shows up in the output.

Clearly, as my Safe Mode is very fast in all aspects and I know it is not any of my programs in what they load (remember, I used msconfig.exe to disable everything other than Microsoft entries, but I still have the same problem), so it MUST be a hardware and/or software driver associated with my hardware (Nvidia Quadro P1000 GPU, maybe??) with respect to the latest Windows 10 (2004) updates.

I found the following website explaining what I see and according the moderator there, it is a soemwhat known issue, but no real solution exists yet, so they recommend a bunch of different workarounds to the issue. Here's the link:

BTW, I ran the full professional version of Tweaking.com tool and it did some cleanups, but nothing about the login delay (actually, slow password and user dialog boxes followed by a slow login, i.e., "waiting for ProfSvc" dialog at login).

One last effort would be to boot off of the latest Windows 10 DVD (I created it using Microsofts Media Creation Tool at their website) and do a full "repair" which is suppose to leave my applications, settings and files alone while refreshing the Windows 10 installation.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom