Windows 10 Windows 10 questions

MRF71

I had to re-install 10 and in the background it automatically re-activated without me having to insert my key (this obviously doesn't happen in 7 automatically) and it also had all the drivers installed which is awesome, but how does it know my product key? My updates aren't downloading like they did before re-installing (they are stalling) so what do I need to do to fix this?

how does it know my product key?
the key is stored on the motherboard

My updates aren't downloading
the defualt setting is to wait until you are not using the system then download it in the background... there are many issues but the best way to get a good update is to pug the computer into your router with a cable (not wifi)

had all the drivers installed which is awesome
you have a roaming profile... any new computers (devices) which log on with the same Microsoft id should get the same settings, desktop image, time | date etc

This is something new Microsoft is doing with Windows 10 now. If you use a Microsoft Account to log into Windows 10 you're Windows 10 Product Key is added to your account. You don't need to re-enter your key to reinstall Windows.It also automatically activates Windows for you once you're online.

Back
Top Bottom