Windows 10 Windows 10 reverts to Win 8.1 after format

daryll94

[1] First i decided to format my laptop for because of a problem i thought a virus

this video detail of problem is on description. Hope someone can help me with this

[2] Back to topic
I format my laptop using windows 10 (Settings> Update & Security> Recovery> Advanced Setup> and something in reset everything) As the Settings> Update & Security> Recovery> Reset PC is not working properly for me.

After hours of waiting i finnaly got to setup the laptop but to my surprise the problem [1] is still here and whats more is after i finish setting up laptop become windows 8.1, which is supposed not to happen as i have upgraded to windows 10 long ago and old files have been removed already.

timeline for my laptop windows is:
2014- bought it in using windows 8.1 til the release of free windows 10 upgrade (2015?)
and around the time of windows 10 upgrade i delete the old files of 8.1 and format it and goes back to win10

2017 march 22 -formatted due to problem [1] and im confident that it will be normal like i did before but it became 8.1

Question is how to fix this and how can i go back to windows 10 since free upgrade is long gone?

As long as you upgraded to Windows 10 before the deadline your license is valid for Windows 10. Download the MCT Download Windows 10, create a bootable disc or usb and install WIndows 10. Activate using the 8.1 license or if it's an embedded license it will activate on it's own.

Hi thanks for the reply.
So is it safe to assume that i can freely go back to windows 10 anytime i like?

As for the problem i posted with video. I hope somebody can help me with it as it is annoying as it is already is.

Yes you can go back to Windows 10.
You can download the program I uploaded from reply #2. Run it when the problem occurs and make sure it has focus, it should log any key presses. If it starts filling up, then you most likely have a problem with the laptop keyboard. You can verify by plugging in an external keyboard and disable the built-in.
Volume keeps going to 100%

Back