Windows 10 Windows 10 tablet can't recognize it is unplugge; no PIN login option

Rey Matanguihan

Hello. I have a HP Pro 608 tablet that has many bugs.
1. Most annoying is that the battery icon at the taskbar indicates that the tablet is always plugged. If I disconnect the power adapter, no change with the icon occurs plus there's no change in the screen brightness even if I set it to lower brightness when using battery power. Apparently the tablet can't make the distinction between a plugged and unplugged state, preventing it from entering battery saver mode if it is already depleted.
2. The gadget doesn't enter sleep/hibernate mode. Screen turning off is okay but the tablet doesn't sleep/hibernate even if I set it to just 1 minute. I did the powercfg way of finding the cause, Intel SST is currectly in use. Updating the driver nor muting the volume still didn't resolve the issue.
3. There's an almost 20 second delay between startup/lock screen and the login page.
4. No option to login to use PIN or picture password. I changed/removed/added it several times, still it doesn't want to show up during login

I already reset the tablet to factory default. Issue goes away for a few minutes before the Windows automatic update rolls again. Touchscreen sensitivity seems to be slower BTW

#1 sounds like a hardware defect, if this device is under warranty I would return it or exchange.
#2 as you already discovered sounds like it is due to the audio driver, have you tried removing the driver and letting it re-install
#3 This looks like it is using an Intel Atom CPU which are pretty under powered, so 20 seconds is probably going to be pretty normal
#4 These should be available, not sure what would be preventing them, I've never used either since they are fairly weak authentication methods.

#1 sounds like a hardware defect, if this device is under warranty I would return it or exchange.
#2 as you already discovered sounds like it is due to the audio driver, have you tried removing the driver and letting it re-install
#3 This looks like it is using an Intel Atom CPU which are pretty under powered, so 20 seconds is probably going to be pretty normal
#4 These should be available, not sure what would be preventing them, I've never used either since they are fairly weak authentication methods.
1. If it's a hardware problem, why would it become normal on a freshly reset Windows 10?
2. Done that several times.
3. I'm talking about 20 seconds from the time a wallpaper first appears after booting up to the time Windows prompts you to enter a password. Before that it takes almost 30 seconds from pressing the power button to the first wallpaper. I've had tablets with simlar CPU and half the RAM that didn't have that 20 second delay

The only thing that I haven't tried is reset the tablet and then use a different Microsoft account

Back