Windows 10 Windows 10 update frozen whilst updating to version 1511

silverman

Honorable Member
I have three computers all with windows 10 installed and running, in the last 10 days each one has downloaded the updated taking it to Windows 1511, (I would guess this process took almost 2 hrs to complete). I am working on two other computers that also running Windows 10, but both seem to have frozen windows when viewing Update & Security >> Windows Update page.

One shows 28% the other does not show its even started. (I have left these computers running for well over 2 hours and nothing happens. The only thing running in task manager is the AVG antivirus programme, I would not have thought this would be the problem.

I am guessing both computers are trying to update to Version 1511.

I do suspect that both computers could have been closed down whilsts the update was trying to download. How to I get these two machine to "Continue" or "Restart the installation"?

Any suggestions please.

I would simply leave them be Silverman and yes running Anti virus apps when upgrading can cause issues so I'd disable any third party anti virus apart from the on board Defender.

Hi kemical, thanks for reply, the one PC that's stuck on 28% has been in that position for at least two days, I would have thought there should be a way to cancel it and start again, but I can't find if there is one. I will try it again tomorrow and switch off the AVG first and see if it helps. I rather suspect it won’t but it's worth a try. I can’t get access to it till tomorrow so will get back to you.

I am a little puzzled about the version 1511, Is Microsoft holding this update back for a certain time? I updated three of my computers during November/December 2015, why have my three PCs only just updated to 1511 when it was released back in November 2015?

It could that it's just taken it's time to get there. Currently non insider builds are running at 10585.63 so you'll have further updates to come although not too many if i recall.

Thanks kemical, that’s quite a lot of updates. I can understand a little better why it’s taking so long. As a matter of interest once an update is in this frozen position will it delay smaller updates from getting through?

Back
Top Bottom