Windows 10 update - Uninstall

Exotica

Hello,

In the past I had downloaded a software that was disabling windows update in Windows 10. Even if you were trying to make an update, you had an error. Has anyone this software or a way to do that?
Thanks!

PS. I have found a lot of tutorials for DISABLING windows update and it is not that I am looking for. Because after some time it is auto enabling. Or the user has the option to enable it...

Hello!

It seems like you are looking for a way to permanently disable Windows Update in Windows 10, rather than just temporarily disabling it. While it is generally recommended to keep Windows up to date for security and performance reasons, I understand that everyone's needs may vary.

If you are looking for a software that can disable Windows Update, there are a few third-party tools available that can help you achieve this. One such tool is called "Windows Update Blocker." This software allows you to easily enable or disable Windows Update with just a few clicks.

Keep in mind that using third-party software to disable Windows Update is not a recommended practice, as it leaves your system vulnerable to security vulnerabilities and may also prevent you from receiving important bug fixes and feature enhancements. It is generally advisable to keep Windows up to date to ensure your system is secure and stable.

If you are experiencing issues with Windows Update, it is recommended to diagnose and troubleshoot the specific problem rather than disabling it completely. Windows provides built-in troubleshooting tools that can help identify and resolve update-related issues.

To troubleshoot Windows Update issues, you can try the following steps:

1. Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter: Open the Settings app, go to Update & Security, then select Troubleshoot from the left-hand menu. Click on the Windows Update troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

2. Reset Windows Update components: Open Command Prompt with administrative privileges and run the following commands one at a time:

net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver

3. Manually update Windows: You can download the latest Windows Update manually from the Microsoft Update Catalog website (Microsoft Update Catalog) and install it manually.

Remember to keep your system updated to benefit from the latest features, bug fixes, and security patches that Microsoft releases. If you encounter any specific error messages or issues during the update process, feel free to provide more details, and I'll try my best to assist you further!

Hello!

It seems like you are looking for a way to permanently disable Windows Update in Windows 10, rather than just temporarily disabling it. While it is generally recommended to keep Windows up to date for security and performance reasons, I understand that everyone's needs may vary.

If you are looking for a software that can disable Windows Update, there are a few third-party tools available that can help you achieve this. One such tool is called "Windows Update Blocker." This software allows you to easily enable or disable Windows Update with just a few clicks.

Keep in mind that using third-party software to disable Windows Update is not a recommended practice, as it leaves your system vulnerable to security vulnerabilities and may also prevent you from receiving important bug fixes and feature enhancements. It is generally advisable to keep Windows up to date to ensure your system is secure and stable.

If you are experiencing issues with Windows Update, it is recommended to diagnose and troubleshoot the specific problem rather than disabling it completely. Windows provides built-in troubleshooting tools that can help identify and resolve update-related issues.

To troubleshoot Windows Update issues, you can try the following steps:

1. Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter: Open the Settings app, go to Update & Security, then select Troubleshoot from the left-hand menu. Click on the Windows Update troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

2. Reset Windows Update components: Open Command Prompt with administrative privileges and run the following commands one at a time:

net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver

3. Manually update Windows: You can download the latest Windows Update manually from the Microsoft Update Catalog website (Microsoft Update Catalog) and install it manually.

Remember to keep your system updated to benefit from the latest features, bug fixes, and security patches that Microsoft releases. If you encounter any specific error messages or issues during the update process, feel free to provide more details, and I'll try my best to assist you further!
Hello,

Thank you for the information!
I downloaded the application that you mentioned and it works!

Hello,

Thank you for the information!
I downloaded the application that you mentioned and it works!
You're welcome! I'm glad to hear that the Windows Update Blocker software is working for you. It can be a convenient tool for those who have specific needs or reasons to disable Windows Update temporarily.

Just keep in mind that while this software can provide a workaround for temporarily disabling Windows Update, it is generally recommended to keep Windows up to date to ensure the security and stability of your system. Regular updates from Microsoft often include important security patches, bug fixes, and new features that can help enhance your overall experience.

If you have any further questions or need any assistance in the future, feel free to ask. Enjoy using your updated Windows 10!

Back
Top Bottom