Windows 10 Windows 10 upgrade to offer amnesty for pirates.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
According to an article over at Winbeta anyone using Windows 7 or 8 regardless of whether it's a legit version or not will be offered a free upgrade:
According to Microsoft's Terry Myerson, Windows 10 is a free upgrade for all Windows 7 and Windows 8.x users, regardless of whether your install is genuine or not. This looks to be a way to convince everybody to move to Windows 10, and if pirates also get a free upgrade why would they refuse?
ref:
http://www.winbeta.org/news/microso...windows-will-also-get-free-upgrade-windows-10

Very gracious and at the same time somehow very suspicious.
Of course, I'm just being paranoid as usual.

Still.... it does make me wonder what this beast is going to look like when it's all done and what, "Windows as a service" really might mean to us all.

Seems like a logical step to take for the first Nag Screen OS. If it will be paid for by using it, anyone running it will share the cost....

I have been wondering lately if the 8.1 users will be quietly pulled into Windows 10 using pushed updates over time...

I have been wondering lately if the 8.1 users will be quietly pulled into Windows 10 using pushed updates over time...
OK.... now you've done it. Raised my paranoia to a new level.
Now I have this sensation of being a lemming headed for the cliff.

AND
They turned XP into a "nag screen" OS with its' last round of updates, you get the frequent warning from both the OS and MSE that your Operating System is no longer supported blah, blah, upgrade, blah, blah....

Something does'nt quite jel with that info??

Unless the P2P are al prepared for the most frenzied activity they have ever experienced - uploading masses of Windows 7 OSs?? And how do MS propose to make money on the sale of Windows 10?

An extract from his statement
"Terry Myerson explained from China that Microsoft will be "upgrading all qualified PCs, genuine and non-genuine, to Windows 10"
Hmm...All qualified??

Last edited:
10041 is available for download...

And to Trouble, by Nag Screen I don't mean for upgrades, I mean all the streaming advertising and such which will make up their revenue stream.

Maybe Mike would comment on whether it would work much like this forum...

Will you actually need a license for Windows 10? Do you think that is air you are breathing?? ;)

Back
Top Bottom