Insider Preview Windows 10 Versions

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Help and Support' started by Christopher Evers, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Christopher Evers

I have been using 10 for a little bit now, and have found it interesting and neat. Though I am wonder about the version number. When I got the install ISOs I found that the Windows version was 6.4. Now after this last release install it is now 10.0. Holy hamster hair cuts Batman. What happened to 7, 8 and 9? What is the significance of the base version being bumped to 10?

2. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

3. Christopher Evers

Interesting read. I am very excited to see what happens next. Could this also have something to do with the fact that Windows Phone was 8.10 and Workstation was 6.3?Could the talks about a cross platform OS be true? I could see it working out from workstation to phone to XX to tablet well. Heck even using terminals would be great, with a low profile OS. This could be a reasoning for the XoneX to be running the Windows platform as well. Am I just crazy or is there something to that?

4. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

I think Microsoft would like to see Windows 10 across all it's devices but whether this actually becomes reality remains to be seen.

ref:
    http://www.wired.com/2014/10/windows-10-will-run-everywhere-mean/