Windows 11 Windows 11 Discussion

Mike

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter

Microsoft Windows 11 appears to have leaked according to multiple sources. Thoughts?

windows11.jpg

50/50 here. The leak looks genuine, but there has still been no official confirmation of the future name?
The Logo in the picture would be easy to construct and add on. Just a thought!!:cool:

Yes, multiple streams have confirmed the leak of it or so called Windows 11. Looks good but has some same features like of Windows 10X.
And you wont believe me in an article I read, they said now in order to make a local account on Windows 11, you will have to pay extra for it, one cannot create a free local account on it, unless you are on a professional version of it.

I have been trawling the net, heavily, looking at the leeks. I found six instances. On investigation, they all cam from the same (Chinese) source:oops::rolleyes: - download ans use at your own risk.

Asad: I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. If this is truly to be called a "new" OS, will it be a free update or will users be required to buy it?. If the latter, Windows 10 is my last OS. On my meagre pension, I am not about to make unneeded purchases.

Frankly speaking Davehc We should wait for the final unveiling of it. Cause now on Internet its like some sort of gimmick going on, some even mentioning download this Iso to get "ads free Windows 11" 🤣 don't now what actually is behind the link, and yes some are saying it will be a free upgrade and other sort of assumptions to it.

And yes you are right about the source thing. So the final truth will only be revealed on June 24, will have to wait for it.

Talking about my thoughts, If it would be a paid upgrade, then it should have new and better things else our Windows 10 is the best and go to OS. What's your though about it?

A couple of articles I have seen mentioned that if you have Win 10 or a Win 7 key it will work, If not then Win 10 will also be my last OS.

Frankly speaking Davehc We should wait for the final unveiling of it. Cause now on Internet its like some sort of gimmick going on, some even mentioning download this Iso to get "ads free Windows 11" 🤣 don't now what actually is behind the link, and yes some are saying it will be a free upgrade and other sort of assumptions to it.

And yes you are right about the source thing. So the final truth will only be revealed on June 24, will have to wait for it.

Talking about my thoughts, If it would be a paid upgrade, then it should have new and better things else our Windows 10 is the best and go to OS. What's your though about it?
It would certainly be advisable NOT to trust downloads from unrecognized sources, as who knows if the image has been tampered with.

More info from the horse's mouth June 24

Hi everyone.

I hope this is true, I've read a number of sites that say it is and even give dates for release, some as soon as the end of this month for an unofficial short beta test and October for a full release.

This release seems to have addressed a number of the things I've been complaining about for years.
I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get to beta test this as I have done starting with Windows 7 if it's true.

But I like a more visual and condensed interface, as opposed to the never ending categories leading to a new window with more categories.
There was nothing wrong with the old Control Panel that let you find what you wanted all on one page with visual identification through the icons as well as text.
I always wished they would let me design the basic stuff that everyone needs or wants to get to use, then they could add on all their nit picky stuff as a separate window. This is the kind of thing I did in real life, making things easy to understand.

In fact, I still use Control Panel instead of going to Settings.

Mike, Now weeks from 83!

Mike, Now weeks from 83!
Congrats :)

I still use Control Panel instead of going to Settings.
I thought it odd that they continued with both, but it takes awhile to get rid of that old code.
I like a more visual and condensed interface, as opposed to the never ending categories leading to a new window with more categories.

Same. Large or small icons are my friend. Not liking the menu. I may have *ahem* a source... that linked the ISO for Windows 11 to me.. I may... check it out from an *undisclosed location*. But I can neither confirm nor deny these rumors.. yet.

Just read Microsoft issued DMCA complaint against sites hosting leaked Windows 11 Iso's. This thing is getting hot :andwhat::applaud:

I guess we'll just have to wait until we find out if it's real or not. I hope it is, I was never a fan of Windows 10.
Some of you will probably remember that I said long ago that your computer should be as easy to use as your refrigerator.

Microsoft just seems to keep making everything harder.
I wish I had an operating system that did nothing!

All I want it to do is let me install the software I want to run and do nothing else.
Steam, some Graphics Programs like Photoshop, a writing program and a video player, that I use regularly and a browser.

I know some people will suggest something like Linux, but it won't really run the software I need.
We need the universality of Windows without the complication, beyond just having a desktop and a task bar.
I've used Rocket Dock for years and start all my software from there, so I seldom open the default menu.

Maybe it could have an old style Control Panel with all the other stuff like drivers, drive manager and the few things you might need to dig into once in a while, like printer management, driver updates or mouse settings.

Mike.

No boast, believe me, but I find Windows 10 quite easy to use.
But I confess that I am not much into games or advanced programming. Everything that comes ready installed on windows is sufficient for my purposes.
You must believe me, also, when I say that I, and oldies I help, have not, to date, had a glitch in updates, excepting when MS have themselves screwed up and quickly corrected their error.
I am hoping that there are not too many changes coming with the future update (windows 11 ?), which ,if I read correctly, is what it is now being addressed as.

Last edited:
I was going to say, yes, we cannot host it here, but also, right now its just some theme/UI mod running 10. There will likely be major changes and its clear this is just some dev/preview build..

Its official release of Windows 11. Damm, looks good. Just watched the Live event. The last suspense they created is that they haven't announced the release date for it.
Anyone else watched the live event?

And they are saying it will be free for some Windows 10 pc's. Really!!

Quick Note: If Microsoft's Windows 11 upgrade checker is telling you that your PC isn't supported, check your BIOS. You'll need a TPM 2.0 chip and to have Secure Boot enabled in the BIOS

Last edited:
Back