Windows 7 Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise Speakers not plugged in

Nax123

Hi. I'm having trouble with the sound system with the computer at work. I was using Windows XP a little while back and but now, it has Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit) installed on another harddisk. The system works perfectly except for one thing, the sound. There's a red cross at the bottom of the sound panel and when I click on it, there's only one device in playback (unplugged and disabled devices are shown) and it says that the Speakers - 2 High Defiintion Audio Device - Not plugged in. This is pretty wierd for me since everything was working fine with XP (no hardware changes). Can somebody please help me out? I've been trying to find some fix for the past 2 days but updating the drivers didn't do any good since Windows say that the device is already up to date.

Also in the sound system, there's just one High Definition Audio Device present. Should there by any other devices present?

Really appreciate all the comments and opinions. Thanks!

Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums :)
Under Windows XP, under the Device Manager, check to see the make and model of your audio device, then search for it on the manufacturers website to see if you can find specific Windows Vista/7 drivers.
This should help, though if there's no Windows Vista or Win7 drivers, then it's likely that it's legacy hardware which has been discontinued.

Back