Windows 7 Windows 7 64 : Randon BSOD's with mulitple error messages.

swam

Hi,

Over the past few weeks I have been getting intermittent BSOD's and pc freezes. When the pc has frozen (does not respond to any keyboard commands etc) it sort of powers up, but I get no signal to the monitors and no 'beep' as when the pc boots up properly.

If I leave it for 10-15mins it will boot up again fine, but then I get BSOD's. I have had multiple errors such as SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION , BAD_POOL_CALLER, and the BSOD not giving an error as before but listing a .sys file, such as FLTMGR.SYS, TCPIP.SYS, ATAPORT.SYS, NFTS.SYS.

I haven't recently installed any new hardware apart from a new 4gb of ram (2x2gb sticks) which I have had for 3 months + now. The only other hardware/software I installed recently was a Logitech webcam, and oddly the crashes did start occuring after this.

I have ran memtest for multiple sweeps on each stick of ram and no issue, I have also ran chkdsk and it found no errors.

The pc this morning has really been BSOD'ing like mad, so I now have it in safe mode replicating what I was doing and no BSOD as of yet.

I have a minidump of the most recent BSOD (as they dont always report a BSOD when they freeze).

Please find it attached.

My pc is around 3.5yrs old, is running Windows 7 64bit, has an Intel Pentium CPU E2220 2.4 ghz processor, and 8gb of DDR2 ram.

If there is anything else I can provide to assist in hopefully finding out what's causing these errors, please do ask.

Thanks in advance for your time.

cheers

Sam

Attachments

• 032612-40185-01.dmp
    267.7 KB · Views: 333
'The only other hardware/software I installed recently was a Logitech webcam, and oddly the crashes did start occuring after this.' Sounds like you might want to uninstall that webcam in safe mode, see if that helps. Haven't looked at your dump file, but this seems like a logical first step. You could also restore to prior to your difficulty.

Back