Windows 7 64bit Update Stalling and now loops and loops

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by adreen, Jun 8, 2011.

1. adreen

adreen New Member

So, I shutdown my computer this morning and it was installing 96 updates, so I left it and went to school.
    I came back after 6-7 hours and it was stuck on 68/96 updates installing, I left it for another 30 min and it was still on 68/96. I decided to press the reset button, even though it said please don't unplug or turn off comp while updating.
    Now whenever I boot up, it says configuring updates 0%, after about 5-10 min it'll just boot to desktop.
    And whenever I shutdown, it'll do the same process again, installing updates 1/80, I'm not sure if it ever reaches 80/80 but it shuts down. And when I boot up again same deal...
    I'll actually have not sat infront of it and monitor the numbers, but in the meantime, is there a fix for this?
    This is shittttty, cuz I just reformatted comp.

#1 adreen, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Have you checked what it is updating? Perhaps it is installing a device driver that is causing problems. Set Windows update to check for and download updates but not install until you approve. Then you can install just a few at a time, and if there are any optional ones you might wait for those.

Do you have any idea which update might be causing the problem?

3. adreen

adreen New Member

i have no idea, never came across this problem before.
    don't even know where to change options lol.
    gonna mess around a bit