Windows 7 Windows 7 64bit Update Stalling and now loops and loops

adreen

So, I shutdown my computer this morning and it was installing 96 updates, so I left it and went to school.
I came back after 6-7 hours and it was stuck on 68/96 updates installing, I left it for another 30 min and it was still on 68/96. I decided to press the reset button, even though it said please don't unplug or turn off comp while updating.
Now whenever I boot up, it says configuring updates 0%, after about 5-10 min it'll just boot to desktop.
And whenever I shutdown, it'll do the same process again, installing updates 1/80, I'm not sure if it ever reaches 80/80 but it shuts down. And when I boot up again same deal...
I'll actually have not sat infront of it and monitor the numbers, but in the meantime, is there a fix for this?
This is shittttty, cuz I just reformatted comp.

Last edited:
Have you checked what it is updating? Perhaps it is installing a device driver that is causing problems. Set Windows update to check for and download updates but not install until you approve. Then you can install just a few at a time, and if there are any optional ones you might wait for those.

Do you have any idea which update might be causing the problem?

Have you checked what it is updating? Perhaps it is installing a device driver that is causing problems. Set Windows update to check for and download updates but not install until you approve. Then you can install just a few at a time, and if there are any optional ones you might wait for those.

Do you have any idea which update might be causing the problem?
i have no idea, never came across this problem before.
don't even know where to change options lol.
gonna mess around a bit

Back