Windows 7 Windows 7 adding network printer errors

nizmoz

So far everything was great till we got to the network printers on the full released of Windows 7 Enterprise. When the script runs at login it gets a 1722 error and won't add the printers. When I try to manually add the printer I am getting a Operation failed with error 0x000000002 and then it just won't add it. Works fine on Vista and XP boxes.

Anyone figure a way around this yet?

windows 7 adding network printers

Hi! So when you get try to manually add printers you get BSOD. Well I know the 1722 error for a printer could mean-. There is a problem with the Windows Installer Package. The program run as part of the set up did not finish as expected- MSI Error 1722) What is the printer you're using and computer type?

Do you have an HP Printer? HP has this peculiar problem. They have a 3 stage solution if you're interested. (Or try fixing your registry first)

Last edited:
Hi! So when you get try to manually add printers you get BSOD. Well I know the 1722 error for a printer could mean-. There is a problem with the Windows Installer Package. The program run as part of the set up did not finish as expected- MSI Error 1722) What is the printer you're using and computer type?

Do you have an HP Printer? HP has this peculiar problem. They have a 3 stage solution if you're interested. (Or try fixing your registry first)

I do not get a BSOD. I just get errors. They are Lanier copiers that work as high usage printers which everyone uses in the company. Without them working, we can't even try to start pushing out Win7 to get rid of Vista.

It's a Dell Dimension 3100 and the one of the Laniers is a Lanier LD040c.

Maybe your solution will work with the Lanier, please tell me.

Thanks!

Can't add HP Networked Printer

Where might I find the 3 stage solution mentioned by Celestra above? I cannot add an HP LaserJet 1200 that is behind a Dlink DP-301 print server. Other XP based machines recognize and print to this printer but my new HP G60 laptop with WIN 7 on it finds the print server, but gives me an error asking that I turn on/ connect the printer to the network.

Free Scan To Fix Laser Jet 1200 Problem With Windows 7

Hi! Unfortunately I am unable to locate that "HP Solution". You might try asking HP Customer Service-- they may remember it. It probably was taken down.
This might be of use to you: Link Removed - Invalid URL They are familar with HP Laser Jet 1200 Printer-Windows 7 problems.

Back