Windows 7 and CC cleaner FIX

Hi everybody

1.click start type run hit enter
2.type regedit hit enter
3.expand this key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\Shell
4.right click on Shell folder and change the permissions for Administrators to FULL CONTROL
5.install CC cleaner

Advanced users only!!!

didnt realise it was broken, worked fine first time on my system.

didnt realise it was broken, worked fine first time on my system.
This is FIX for right click on recycle bin

anykey

Honorable Member
Sorry to say this confuses me.
Why do I want to r/click on recycle bin if I wish to run Ccleaner :confused:

You r free to ignore this thread if you doesnt need that option ;)

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
Igor. He justs wants an explanation.
I think this may be what he means?

If you selected the option, during Ccleaner install, the option to run from recycle bin right click wont stick.

The OP's suggestion is a little abbreviated, this is what the Ccleaner people say (They also say that they do not normally update Ccleaner for Beta puposes - You are warned!)
Open Regeditand drill down to [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\Shell\]. Right-click the Shell 'folder' and click Permissions.
Change the permissions for Administrators to FULL CONTROL. Install CCleaner*, then go back into the registry and reset the permissions on this same key back to READ.

*If CC is already installed, change the Options to add Open and/or Run to the Recycle Bin menu.

If you find, as I did, that IE Temporary Internet files are not being cleaned, add C:\Users\*UserName*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files to CC's Custom Files and Folders. Options > Include > Add Folder.

Igor. He justs wants an explanation.
I think this may be what he means?

If you selected the option, during Ccleaner install, the option to run from recycle bin right click wont stick.

The OP's suggestion is a little abbreviated, this is what the Ccleaner people say (They also say that they do not normally update Ccleaner for Beta puposes - You are warned!)
Open Regeditand drill down to [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\Shell\]. Right-click the Shell 'folder' and click Permissions.
Change the permissions for Administrators to FULL CONTROL. Install CCleaner*, then go back into the registry and reset the permissions on this same key back to READ.

*If CC is already installed, change the Options to add Open and/or Run to the Recycle Bin menu.

If you find, as I did, that IE Temporary Internet files are not being cleaned, add C:\Users\*UserName*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files to CC's Custom Files and Folders. Options > Include > Add Folder.
Thanks davehc for help and a guide

anykey

Honorable Member
I never selected that option at install.

Thanks to all for the info.
Thanks to Igor.ns for starting the thread :)
You learn something every day.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.