Windows 7 Windows 7 and CC cleaner FIX

Igor.ns

Hi everybody

1.click start type run hit enter
2.type regedit hit enter
3.expand this key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\Shell
4.right click on Shell folder and change the permissions for Administrators to FULL CONTROL
5.install CC cleaner

screenhunter03feb051122ny9.jpg

screenhunter04feb051123ne9.jpg

Advanced users only!!!

Sorry to say this confuses me.
Why do I want to r/click on recycle bin if I wish to run Ccleaner :confused:

Igor. He justs wants an explanation.
I think this may be what he means?

If you selected the option, during Ccleaner install, the option to run from recycle bin right click wont stick.

The OP's suggestion is a little abbreviated, this is what the Ccleaner people say (They also say that they do not normally update Ccleaner for Beta puposes - You are warned!)
Open Regeditand drill down to [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\Shell\]. Right-click the Shell 'folder' and click Permissions.
Change the permissions for Administrators to FULL CONTROL. Install CCleaner*, then go back into the registry and reset the permissions on this same key back to READ.

*If CC is already installed, change the Options to add Open and/or Run to the Recycle Bin menu.

If you find, as I did, that IE Temporary Internet files are not being cleaned, add C:\Users\*UserName*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files to CC's Custom Files and Folders. Options > Include > Add Folder.

Igor. He justs wants an explanation.
I think this may be what he means?

If you selected the option, during Ccleaner install, the option to run from recycle bin right click wont stick.

The OP's suggestion is a little abbreviated, this is what the Ccleaner people say (They also say that they do not normally update Ccleaner for Beta puposes - You are warned!)
Open Regeditand drill down to [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\Shell\]. Right-click the Shell 'folder' and click Permissions.
Change the permissions for Administrators to FULL CONTROL. Install CCleaner*, then go back into the registry and reset the permissions on this same key back to READ.

*If CC is already installed, change the Options to add Open and/or Run to the Recycle Bin menu.

If you find, as I did, that IE Temporary Internet files are not being cleaned, add C:\Users\*UserName*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files to CC's Custom Files and Folders. Options > Include > Add Folder.

Thanks davehc for help and a guide

I never selected that option at install.

Thanks to all for the info.
Thanks to Igor.ns for starting the thread :)
You learn something every day.

Back