Windows 7 and nVidia GeForce4 MX 4000 !

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Graphics' started by The Winner, Jan 11, 2009.

1. SNiPeR

SNiPeR New Member

You download it, Thanks.

I have a Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440, and not get it to work ... I get on the list of devices but I can not install it.

This device could not start (Code 10).

Any ideas? Solution? I thank you, I do not know what else to do.

2. Reveance

Reveance New Member

I've had this problem too, how I fixed it? well..

First off I downloaded the XP Forceware driver for Geforce MX series on Nvidia.com. Then when I tried to install I got prompted that the installer will terminate because it's only supposed to run on XP or 2000. But I found out that the files were getting extracted first. So what you have to do is:

(Terms may be a little different on your computer because my computer language is dutch ;). )

1. Download Geforce 4 MX Forceware drivers from Welcome to NVIDIA - World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies
    2. Run setup, choose any folder you want to extract (I take C:/NVIDIA\ for example now.)
    3. When setup is done extracting and starts up, close it.
    4. Right click Computer -> Properties
    5. Click Device Management (or something similar in your language)
    6. Find your graphics card in the device management.
    7. Right click it and choose Update driver.
    8. Click Search my computer for driver software (or something similar)
    9. Type the path of the folder you extracted the setup in (in this case C:/NVIDIA )
    10. Click next and wait till it's installed
    11. When it asks to start computer, just click Yes.
    12. DONE

I hope this helps all you guys ;) goodluck.

3. asadullahbutt91

asadullahbutt91 New Member

Hey Bro!! I got the drivers (for 128MB GeForce MX4000) from one of the forums online but the same bluescreen error still exhausts me...
    Can u please kindly send me the drivers at "asadullah.butt911@yahoo.com".
    Or guide for any further assistance.
    I will b very thankful to u.
    PLZZZZZZZ HELP ME!!!!!!!

4. TorrentG

TorrentG Banned

Please visit the BSOD section of the forum. Make a new thread there with the info in my signature.

Also, copy the files in C:\Windows\Minidump to any other folder then zip them. Attach the zip to the post too.

5. asadullahbutt91

asadullahbutt91 New Member

With APOLOGIES , i am a not bit of a computer freak and didn't get anything what u said in the reply. :( . Plz can u explain it in an easier way. Or u can direct me to a webpage which explains the STEP-by-STEP instructions. Coz i did't get what u said abut BSOD or ur Signature kinda thing. Sorry! :(. Again my APOLOGIES!!

6. TorrentG

TorrentG Banned

My signature is what is below my posts. Please do that when starting a new thread in the BSOD section of the forum. You can type snippingtool in the start menu then press enter to make screen shots. Then, you can attach the .jpg files directly by using the paperclip above where you type, while you are creating a new thread.

Also do this:

Copy the files in C:\Windows\Minidump to any other folder then zip them. Attach the zip to the post.

To zip them, you can highlight them all then right click on them. Choose "Send to" then "compressed folder". It will create a .zip file that you can attach in the same way as the 2 .jpg files.

7. pm9dcr

pm9dcr New Member

Accurate instructions, using the GeForce MX 4000 with Windows 7 ultimate. Aero doesn't work, but I'm at 1920 x 1080 and loving life! 'Windows Experience Index' (Rght clk My Computer, properties) identifies the new GeForce and suggests to recalculate. When attempted, BSOD, so suggest others not try that one.

Thank you for posting the how too.

8. DaniloMisura

DaniloMisura New Member

Please, what driver version you have installed? I installed 93.71 for win2kxp, but it gets blue screen when I click fullscreen on youtube or when I try to open a video file in my computer.

9. pm9dcr

pm9dcr New Member

I'm showing 6.14..10.9381, dated 11/17/2006.

I occasionally encounter BSOD on video but few and far between.

10. sirNemanjapro

sirNemanjapro New Member

Just to give a shout out for this thread. Thanks for the people who asked the questions and for those that provided answers. For everyone else, the righteous, the skeptics etc., please, why do you respond to this threads?

Reveance wrote the how-to that can basically be used in multiple situations.

I have replied on this thread because, as it happens, my friend wanted her old PC to work, and now it does.