Windows 7 Windows 7 and printer problem

dani515

Hi
I recently did a full install of Windows 7. Now my printer doesn't work. I run the printer through a netgear router. Everything else works fine through the Netgear router. I bought a new printer - a Samsung ML-2851ND - I have spent hours on the phone with Samsung, installed Windows 7 driver but nothing works! If I connect the printer to my laptop, (XP) through the USB port, it works, but the printer won't work at all either through the USB connection or the router on my PC. Also my PC now runs incredibly slowly and always sounds like it's working hard (sounds like something is always running in the background)

Hi Dani,
driver support for your printer can be found here: Link Removed due to 404 Error

As for your machine running slowly... Are all drivers and Bios updated to latest versions? Are you runing any security? If not, download something like MSE and run a scan..

Hi Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the driver from Samsung. I have tried everything. I had Samsung support on the phone for an hour. The printer works on my laptop, so it is not the printer. I think it is something to do with Windows 7. It just does not see the printer at all.

Dani have you tried all the drivers listed? Seems there are a couple of different types so perhaps you need a particular one?

dani515:
Hello and welcome to the forums.
If as you said "I recently did a full install of Windows 7" then Kemical's first suggestion about updating all your MoBo drivers, especially chipset drivers and bios if available. Check device manager and see if there are any problem devices, the fact that the printer won't worked when plugged into the USB port is particularly concerning and it may be the case that you still require some hardware device drivers to be updated to Windows 7 compatability.

Back
Top Bottom