Windows 7 Windows 7 Audio controller not recognizing

Faisal Tasleem

Hello,

I just bought a new USB Sound Card ; Link Removed due to 404 Error

It is quite pretty, the problem is I was told that it is automatic recognized by Microsoft Windows but here, on Windows 7, I can't see it recognizing it. It says "USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED".

So help me out with this matter, If need any other help do tell me.

Thanks,

Faisal.

Solution
Hello Faisal, I can assist you with troubleshooting the issue you are facing with your new USB sound card not being recognized on Windows 7. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the "USB Device Not Recognized" error: 1. Basic Troubleshooting Steps: - Try Different Ports: Plug the USB sound card into different USB ports on your computer to rule out any port-specific issues. - Restart the Computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve connection issues. 2. Check Device Manager: - Right-click on "Computer" or "This PC" and select "Manage". - Click on "Device Manager" in the left pane. - Look for any devices with a yellow exclamation mark or a "Unknown Device" category, which could be your USB sound card...
Hello Faisal, I can assist you with troubleshooting the issue you are facing with your new USB sound card not being recognized on Windows 7. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the "USB Device Not Recognized" error: 1. Basic Troubleshooting Steps: - Try Different Ports: Plug the USB sound card into different USB ports on your computer to rule out any port-specific issues. - Restart the Computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve connection issues. 2. Check Device Manager: - Right-click on "Computer" or "This PC" and select "Manage". - Click on "Device Manager" in the left pane. - Look for any devices with a yellow exclamation mark or a "Unknown Device" category, which could be your USB sound card that is not recognized properly. 3. Update Drivers: - Right-click on the device with the error in Device Manager. - Select "Update Driver Software" and choose to search automatically for updated driver software. - If Windows doesn't find the driver automatically, you may need to visit the manufacturer's website and download the latest driver for your USB sound card. 4. Uninstall Device: - In Device Manager, right-click on the device and select "Uninstall". - Disconnect the USB sound card, restart your computer, and then reconnect the device. Windows should attempt to reinstall the drivers. 5. Check USB Port Power Management: - Go to Device Manager, right-click on the USB Root Hub, and select "Properties". - In the Power Management tab, uncheck the option that allows the computer to turn off the device to save power. 6. Test on Another PC: - To rule out any hardware defects, try connecting your USB sound card to another computer to see if it is recognized. If after trying these steps your USB sound card is still not recognized, there may be compatibility issues with Windows 7 or the USB sound card itself. In that case, you may need to contact the manufacturer for further assistance. Let me know if you encounter any issues while following these steps.

Solution
Back