Windows 7 Windows 7 back-up and repair

mcgivens

Would like to know if anyone could share any insight with what to do with a back-up DVD-R containing WIM format files of data. How do you extract and utilize the backed-up data? My new HP with Windows 7 got a virus recently and I was forced to restore laptop to factory condition. Resulting in of course, among other things, the loss of MS Office, i-Tunes, and other installed apps. I am re-installing of course, but wanted to ask if anyone has knowledge of what to do with the DVD I created during the back-up process prior to doing the system repair.

Is this similar to a ZIP file in which I need the right application to "unzip" the data for use?
Once I have MS Office re-loaded, will I need to unzip and/or reformat the data for use by MS applications and otherwise?
Did this back-up and save my i-Tunes?

Would like to know if anyone could share any insight with what to do with a back-up DVD-R containing WIM format files of data. How do you extract and utilize the backed-up data? My new HP with Windows 7 got a virus recently and I was forced to restore laptop to factory condition. Resulting in of course, among other things, the loss of MS Office, i-Tunes, and other installed apps. I am re-installing of course, but wanted to ask if anyone has knowledge of what to do with the DVD I created during the back-up process prior to doing the system repair.

Is this similar to a ZIP file in which I need the right application to "unzip" the data for use?
Once I have MS Office re-loaded, will I need to unzip and/or reformat the data for use by MS applications and otherwise?
Did this back-up and save my i-Tunes?

If you give more detail on how you made this backup, we might be able to help. Was this from 3rd party software?

Back