Windows 7 Windows 7 background problem

yousefahram

hi all, i have been trying to change my background through attaching a jpg. picture, the picture only shows in the stretch mode, i tried to change it to the tile, middle, fit and all other modes but it just would get stuck to the stretch mode and nothing else, can anyone help me please.

thanks guys.

well in the options of the jpg. it says that the following
Size 7.31 KB (7,490 bytes)
Size on disk 8.00 KB (8,192 bytes)
but how can i know the desktop size ?

Sorry what i mean is.. What is your screen resolution? That's why i was asking what size the jpg was as sometimes if the size difference is just too great then it become almost impossible to get the picture on the screen to look right..

Hi yousefahram,
so did you try the app Reghakr suggested and if so, did it work?

Dear reghakr, i have tried the software you gave me, nothing yet, even though i have changed the pic. size to [1280x768] but didn't work as well, the background wont apply any mode but the stretch one.

Kemical,

This a grat app.

I use it often, many times for resizing avatars and signatures

It has a nagging Continue splas though.

Can't get rid of it even using Resource hacker.

I'll checkit out..:) Usually i just resize using the new windows paint and before that I used a full copy of photoshop 5, which although a little old still does the business...

yousefahram,
do these problems only appear with this particular picture or is it the same for any picuture your trying to manpulate on your desktop?

Last edited:
If you mean using Paint to resize.. Then you need to open the Paint app (found in the start menu), click on 'Open' (see screenshot) then find the folder which contains your picture and click on it.. It should then be loaded up into the Paint app. If you look across the top of the paint app, you'll see that on the left is written 'Resize' (see screenshot), just click that and resize the image to what you want.. You might have to exxperiment a bit so make sure you keep a master copy of your original file/picture..

I downloaded the image resizing software that was on this forum, and no matter what I resize the picture too, it still stays in stretch mode and will not go to anything else. Is there any way to fix this?

Back
Top Bottom