Windows 7 Windows 7 :backup - create system image fails with error message

oldercomp

Extraordinary Member
Error message: "Windows backup failed to create the shared protection point on the source volumes (0x8078006B). The shadow copy provider had an error. Check the System and Application event log for more information." I was attempting to create an image of my notebook computer's hard drive on my external USB hard drive. This has always worked in the past but now I am getting this error every time I attempt the operation.

Did you look at the event log as suggested?
Error message: "Windows backup failed to create the shared protection point on the source volumes (0x8078006B). The shadow copy provider had an error. Check the System and Application event log for more information." I was attempting to create an image of my notebook computer's hard drive on my external USB hard drive. This has always worked in the past but now I am getting this error every time I attempt the operation.
I'm not bothering with this issue any longer because I installed MaxiumReflect Free which creates a system image with no problems, is much faster than Windows Backup, and takes up less space on the backup media.

Back