Windows 7 Windows 7 "Blackout" (Sleep mode?)

Oskar

My computer goes all black and doesn't respond, then it says it's on sleep mode. However I can't "wake" it up. And this happens VERY often... I'd appreciate any help given, cheers.

Hi

Try setting the sleep mode selection to "Never" and see if it fixes the problem.
If that works but you do want your computer to go to sleep, then try some of the longer settings like an hour or so and work your way down.

Mike

Where does it say it is "on sleep mode"
But have a look in the device manager. Look at any mouse device you have under "Mice and other poining devices. Right click and then "properties"
Open the Power management tab and tick (if not already) "Allow this device to wake the computer" Ok and then, next time around, see if shaking, or pressing buttons on the mouse, will awaken the computer from sleep mode.

Last edited:
No, sadly non of that works :/ I think it's a bigger problem because it almost feels like the computer is gonna crash completely when it blackouts :S
So, the ''sleep mode'' text pops up on the black screen, and no, i cant still wake it up .

On afterthought. There is no such OS function which could generate that message. I would suggest that you have a problem with your monitor to Card connection, or possibly something on the monitor user controls. You could also have a look in the bios setup, to see if there is any kind of sleep function there.

Last edited:
It seemse like this problem only occurs when i've played when i play online games like " League of Legends" or " World of Warcraft. Do you think the problem will disapear if i get à new computer screen?:S

If you are getting a strange message and then something happens you might want to check for a virus..

Otherwise, hitting the power button should wake it up, if it really is sleeping...

Did you run Malwarebytes?

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I have heard of this happening when sleep mode cuts power to the mouse and keyboard.
Thus they are no longer able to awaken the computer because it doesn't sense any input.

I found this information relating to the problem...

Turn off hibernate mode to solve windows 7 sleep mode issue.

In Control panel / Power options / change when computer sleeps / advanced power settings.

Set the following options...

Sleep > Allow hybrid Sleep > Turn off Allow wake timers > turn on / turn off try both settings (change it to the one you aren't using).

USB > USB selective suspend > Enabled (this may stop it turning off the USB connections if the problem is the USB Mouse and Keyboard.

You can check out this article too...

Disable Hybrid Sleep Mode in Windows Vista - How-To Geek

Mike

Thank you for helping me! But I'm quite sure the problem is alot harder then it looks... It only crashes ( blackout) when im playing a game :S

Blackouts while playing games

Hi!
When i play games on my computer, like ( World of warcraft , league of legends) and such, suddenly,it shows me a blackscreen,my PC still working but i have a weird black screen and i cant do nothing except turning it off. I've had this computer for almost 2 years now, but it has been on reparation twice. Some of my friend tells me that it miight have something to do with the RAM.
Please help me.

Thank you for helping me! But I'm quite sure the problem is alot harder then it looks... It only crashes ( blackout) when im playing a game :S

Might have been a good idea to have mentioned that earlier, instead of opening and basically cross posting into a new thread regarding the same topic.
Please refrain from double or cross posting. This is your thread, continue using it unless the problem is something completely different.
Check your event viewer for errors referencing app crash or app hang.
Fill out your system specs it may help. http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...you-filling-your-system-specs.html#post235529
If you think your machine is actually crashing consider reading How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Do your best to accumulate the data required.
Run the SF Diagnostic tool (download and right click the executable and choose run as administrator)
Download and run CPUz. Use the Windows snipping tool to gather images from all tabs including all slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.
Likewise RAMMon. Export the html report, put everything into a desktop folder that you've created for this purpose, zip it up and attach it to your next post (right click it and choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder.
Good luck
Randy

There might be a possibility of your GPU being under powered. Whats your power supply and GPU? Some of my games namely The Witcher 2 use to cut out because my GPU was under powered, I used MSI Afterburner to fix that.

Hi

Are your video drivers up to date?
Make sure you have the latest drivers for your computer.

It's weird that it would go into sleep mode when you are doing something.
I've never see a message that says you are in sleep mode, when do you see this message?

Did you run Malwarebytes?

It could still be malware.

Mike

Back