Windows 7 Windows 7 BSOD Cause by atikmpag.sys

ijun

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium, been keep getting blue screen that are caused by atikmpag.sys for a few months already. Need some help on this problems as I've no clue about it. Please.

Attachments

• W7F_14-05-2015.zip
    808.8 KB · Views: 641
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800c6a34e0, fffff88004276848, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+b848 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the above dump file has a Bugcheck 116 which basically means the graphics driver didn't respond within a given time and so blue screened. Many things can cause a Bugcheck 116 or TDR and usually it's driver related although I can see in the Stack Text (a blow by blow account of the last sub routines) that your Vram may have been involved. Please check your cards memory by running this test:
http://mikelab.kiev.ua/index_en.php?page=PROGRAMS/vmt_en

atikmdag.sys Fri Nov 21 02:30:27 2014: AMD GPU driver possibly 14.11.2? Please update to the latest Whql:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMDCatalystOmegaWINReleaseNotes.aspx

Hi,
the above dump file has a Bugcheck 116 which basically means the graphics driver didn't respond within a given time and so blue screened. Many things can cause a Bugcheck 116 or TDR and usually it's driver related although I can see in the Stack Text (a blow by blow account of the last sub routines) that your Vram may have been involved. Please check your cards memory by running this test:

I've run the test already, it stated no errors found though.

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 634
You could try a later beta version and see if that helps as there have been several beta releases. Another thing you could try is uninstalling the gpu driver then running this application:
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/
This will remove any old bit's of driver left hanging around be previous installations. Once you've done that then either re-install the latest whql driver or a recent Beta. (the only difference between a beta driver and a whql driver is that one, the whql version, has a Microsoft licence)

You could try a later beta version and see if that helps as there have been several beta releases. Another thing you could try is uninstalling the gpu driver then running this application:
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/
This will remove any old bit's of driver left hanging around be previous installations. Once you've done that then either re-install the latest whql driver or a recent Beta. (the only difference between a beta driver and a whql driver is that one, the whql version, has a Microsoft licence)
Okay thanks alot, will do it now. If BSOD persist i'll reply here again?

Please do. We never close threads so even if you got another in 2yrs time you could still come back and post in the same thread. It's better this way as we can see a history of what has been tried and what hasn't.

Please do. We never close threads so even if you got another in 2yrs time you could still come back and post in the same thread. It's better this way as we can see a history of what has been tried and what hasn't.
Thanks alot! :):)

It seems that the BSOD occured again. Attached is my most recent of W7F Diagnostic Tool.

Attachments

• W7F_31-05-2015.zip
    902.7 KB · Views: 403
Hi ijun,
are you sure it was a bsod? No dump file is present in the folder you sent. Did you actually see a blue screen or that the machine had restarted?

Hi ijun,
are you sure it was a bsod? No dump file is present in the folder you sent. Did you actually see a blue screen or that the machine had restarted?
Yes it is a BSOD, my screen suddenly turned black with the word of " No DVI Input " , then followed by a BSOD which stated atikmpag.sys like the previous BSODs

I would read the page on how to first remove AMD drivers as it does make a difference and then yes you can express install once the previous driver is removed.

I would read the page on how to first remove AMD drivers as it does make a difference and then yes you can express install once the previous driver is removed.

I just got a BSOD not long ago again...
Attached is the latest Diagnostic tools..
Please help...

Attachments

• W7F_13-06-2015.rar
    529.5 KB · Views: 298
Code:

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800cf3f4e0, fffff88004e27970, 0, 2}

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+b970 )

Hi Ijun,
As you can see from the above that your gpu driver is the probable cause. I can see from the date that you recently updating it, did you first remove the previous driver or use a driver removal app?

Try removing the driver using this application:
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ddudownload.htm

This will clean out any old bits of driver left hanging around then re-install the latest AMD driver.

Ijun as this has happened on a number of occasions can you post what make and model your PSU is please.

Code:

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800cf3f4e0, fffff88004e27970, 0, 2}

Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+b970 )

Hi Ijun,
As you can see from the above that your gpu driver is the probable cause. I can see from the date that you recently updating it, did you first remove the previous driver or use a driver removal app?

Try removing the driver using this application:
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ddudownload.htm

This will clean out any old bits of driver left hanging around then re-install the latest AMD driver.

Ijun as this has happened on a number of occasions can you post what make and model your PSU is please.

My PSU is Seasonic M12 ii Bronze

Back