Windows 7 Windows 7 BSOD Cause by atikmpag.sys

Thanks.. I see these are made in two flavors 520W and 620W. Please post which one you have and am I correct in saying you have an AMD R9 290X?

ok bud just see how you go with changing the drivers as suggested.

ok bud just see how you go with changing the drivers as suggested.
Sorry but i have done everything stated, and unfortunately i get BSOD again :( , this are the latest Diagnostic tools.

Attachments

• W7F_19-06-2015.rar
    401.2 KB · Views: 289
Hi,
no dump file included:
no dump file.jpg

Are you definitely sure it was a bsod? If it was make sure your pagefile is at least 200mb. This post in the sysnative forums shows what has to ne enabled for a dump file to be created:
http://www.sysnative.com/forums/bso...-information/325-bsods-but-no-dump-files.html

Have you removed the Pagefile? Or reduced it to below 200mb?

Open the run box and type services .msc and click ok. Look down the list in the revealed box for Windows error reporting service and make sure it's set to manual.

Open an admin command prompt, type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Have you removed the Pagefile? Or reduced it to below 200mb?

Open the run box and type services .msc and click ok. Look down the list in the revealed box for Windows error reporting service and make sure it's set to manual.

Open an admin command prompt, type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

It's already on manual.
And the sfc/scannow is verification 100% completed, Windows resouce protection did not find any integrity violations.

Another thing you could try if you haven't already is re-seating the GPU and just making sure the connections are tight. TDR errors can be notoriously difficult to track down and having no dump file means it's even harder I guess. Have you actually checked the mindump folder yourself to see if it contains any dump files?

Another thing you could try if you haven't already is re-seating the GPU and just making sure the connections are tight. TDR errors can be notoriously difficult to track down and having no dump file means it's even harder I guess. Have you actually checked the mindump folder yourself to see if it contains any dump files?
May i know where to locate the folder? :/

Sure it's in the main windows folder. Please post the dump file if you find it.

Hmm and you sure your settings are set like this:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

Check your pagefile and make sure the top checkbox is ticked so it's automatically sorted.

Hmm and you sure your settings are set like this:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

Check your pagefile and make sure the top checkbox is ticked so it's automatically sorted.
Yes just changed the settings to the one that you've mentioned :)

Ahh ok cool... That's probably why you weren't seeing any then... Ok as soon as you get a dump file please post (which i know you will anyway but just thought I'd say.. :) )

Back