Windows 7 Windows 7 BSOD Cause by atikmpag.sys

Yes you should if those settings are correct.
Hi, i recently add on new rams to my computer.. Corsair vengeance 2x4gb, same as my current one with just different version. and i'm getting blue screen and hang on my comp ever since, the error is atikmpag.sys, i have done a memtest on my ram.. need help please !

Attachments

• 20151107_233527.jpg
    20151107_233527.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 345
Hi,
well looking at that memtest86 result you may have some faulty RAM. Try removing the original pair of sticks and testing again.

Hi,
well looking at that memtest86 result you may have some faulty RAM. Try removing the original pair of sticks and testing again.
When i remove the new rams(bought 2nd hand) and start, my monitor cant display..
Hi,

When i remove the new rams(bought 2nd hand) and start, my monitor cant display..
Well RAM doesn't have anything to do with the monitor so I cannot understand why the monitor won't produce a picture. So before you plugged in the RAM wouldn't the monitor work or is this something new?

Also read post #42 again. I said remove the original sticks..

Well RAM doesn't have anything to do with the monitor so I cannot understand why the monitor won't produce a picture. So before you plugged in the RAM wouldn't the monitor work or is this something new?
I do encounter the monitor problem before sometimes ago, but it's back to normal usually after i reseat the DVI cable.. when i reseat the DVI just now, it's still not working, so i replace my original ram to my new 2nd hand ram and the monitor is working again. Any ideas what could have possibly caused the problem?

Ok so your monitor won't work with the new RAM but will with the old yes? Well Memtest86 already showed there is an issue with the RAM. You need to return it.

Ok so your monitor won't work with the new RAM but will with the old yes? Well Memtest86 already showed there is an issue with the RAM. You need to return it.
Won't work with the old ram, sorry for my bad english

So maybe it's the old RAM which is faulty. Instead of taking out the new take out the old stuff and test again.

So was your pc not working until you got the new RAM because of the monitor?

Last edited:
So maybe it's the old RAM which is faulty. Instead of taking out the new take out the old stuff and test again.

So was your pc not working until you got the new RAM because of the monitor?
Nope. I got this monitor problem some times ago already. But the problem is not persistant so i did not care much. But now its happening quite often. It works find after i change to a VGA cable

Ok.. So whats happening with the RAM situation? Did you try removing the original set and test again. I guess it would be nice if the new RAM was at least good..

Ok.. So whats happening with the RAM situation? Did you try removing the original set and test again. I guess it would be nice if the new RAM was at least good..
If im not wrong the original sets are working well.. Do you know whats the approximate duration for a memtest check?

Which RAM did you use when memtest86 failed? If you had both sets of sticks installed then I asked you to remove the new set.
You then said the pc monitor won't work with the old set?
This is all getting very confusing.

Can you simply test the original set of RAM with Memtest86 please. If you look back at my earlier posts you'll see how long to run Memtest86. If the original RAM passes take it out and then test the new sticks.

Can you simply test the original set of RAM with Memtest86 please. If you look back at my earlier posts you'll see how long to run Memtest86. If the original RAM passes take it out and then test the new sticks.
Firstly i memtest with all the rams inside theres error.. Then i use memtest on the original rams there seems to be no problem.. I havent tried on the new rams yet because i have no time.. The monitor problem occurs on both original rams and new rams separately. Working fine when i used vga cable with a dvi adaptor.. So sorry for my bad english..

Ok understood.. :) As soon as you get chance try testing the new RAM. You did say you bought it second hand, did you buy it from a friend?

Ok understood.. :) As soon as you get chance try testing the new RAM. You did say you bought it second hand, did you buy it from a friend?
Nope i bought it from a stranger who have posted it online for sale .

Back
Top Bottom