Windows 7 Windows 7 BSOD Cause by atikmpag.sys

You need to test it Ijun and see if it is indeed faulty. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you but it does sound like this guy hasn't been honest.

You need to test it Ijun and see if it is indeed faulty. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you but it does sound like this guy hasn't been honest.
Yeap hope it was not faulty though. Do i place 1 or both of the new rams(2x4gb) for testing?

Attachments

• 20151109_112434.jpg
    20151109_112434.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 309
  • 20151109_112546.jpg
    20151109_112546.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 307
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa801449a4e0, fffff880030c1d78, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+cd78 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
as you can see your dump file is similar to previous posts and as I said previously there can be many causes for these TDR errors and it take sometime to track them down but looking through your dump file I see a couple of red flags straight away. Your drivers are old apart from the gpu driver. Ideally you should pay just as much attention to the rest of the system rather than just the graphics. The drivers found on the support page are a little later so try updating with them:
ASRock > B85M Pro4

AsrAppCharger.sys Tue May 10 09:28:46 2011: ASRock App Charger can cause bsod's please remove.

avgidsha.sys Thu Aug 20 12:58:01 2015: AVG AV, also known for causing the odd issue. Please remove and use MSE as it's very stable:
Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

A new AMD driver was released recently so you could try removing the old using the DDU:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V15.7.0.1 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum
The new Crimson drivers can be found here:
http://www.amd.com/en-gb

Back