Windows 7 Windows 7 BSOD While Gaming

Dady12

Whenever I try to play a game, watch a youtube video, or even run a virus scan, my computer will either 1.)The screen will go black, the computer will stop loading whatever it was doing, and the monitor will go to sleep (which means the graphics card is no longer communicationg with the monitor) or 2.) The computer will loop the last milisecond of sound that was playing, then the screen will become distorted into a series of lines that cover the entire screen, after that, the Computer BSODs. After almost 6 months now of troubleshooting, I finally replaced my Graphics card and Power Supply, hoping this would fix the problems. But after a few days, it is obvious tha a new Graphics card and Power Supply did not help. I will upload the Dump files sometime later today, seeing as my computer is quite unstable, we will have to see if I can get far enough to download the correct programs. I really hope you guys can help, as I have no where else to turn.

Well Now it seems that the Computer cannot even get past the initial loading screen. So I won't be able to get any Dmp. Files at this time.

Hi Dady12 and Welcome to The Forum.

Just to make sure you are virus free:
Download the correct Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper for your 32 or 64bit system.

Mount to CD / USB flash drive. Make sure the CD/DVD drive / USB drive is set to boot first in the bios, re-start and run the system sweeper.

Have you the Windows disc?

Also can you get to Safe Mode?

Last edited:
I will grab the standalone sweeper. But I am unsure on your instructions. Set it to boot in the bios, then restart and run? I am sorry for my confusion there. I do not have a Windows disc, as it did not come with my computer, and the warranty on it has expired. I will again try to make it into Safe Mode, but the last couple of times I tried, it sat at the "Loading Files" area on an ati driver until it randomly restarted and went on to start normally.

I will grab the standalone sweeper. But I am unsure on your instructions. Set it to boot in the bios, then restart and run?
Yea make sure your dvd/cd or usb is 1st in the boot order options, not your hdd.

I do not have a Windows disc, as it did not come with my computer, and the warranty on it has expired.
Can sort that later. Try the above first.

32 or 64 bit system?

I have a 64 bit system. I'm downloading the sweeper now. How do I do I get to the Boot order options?
EDIT: Looks like getting the Sweeper will have to wait until I get a not absolutely terrible USB, in the meantime I will attempt to Boot into Safe Mode.

Last edited:
Back