Windows 7 Windows 7 BSOD

nidzo031

Hello
I have problems with Windows 7 Ultimate x86. It freeze when i watch videos on YouTube, and i must restart my PC to continue working. When PC restarts, it show me message:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 10266

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 85D548FC
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

I can play games on High details, and it work perfect. My PC freeze only when i watch videos on internet...

My .dmp file:
View attachment Seven Forums.zip

Pictures from CPU-Z:
Untitled5.jpgUntitled6.jpgUntitled4.jpgUntitled3.jpgUntitled2.jpgUntitled.jpg

CPU-Z .txt report:
View attachment JOVANOVIC-PC.txt

nmsuk said:
One other think can you get coretemp, would like to see your temps. While Idle and under load. I have noticed in you cpu-z shots your memory is well setup :)
CPU-Z is reportig you Vcore as a little high, any chance you could set it to 1.425V and turn off cool&quiet. Then do the temp monitoring for about 15 mins Idle and 15 Mins running something like prime95. I can get an Idea then how the cpu is behaving temp wise.

Temperature in idle:
temperature in idle.jpg

Temperature when Prime95 is working:
prime 95 temperature.jpg

Now just tell me how to turn of cool&quiet, and what should i set to 1.425V, and how?
When i do that, i will check temperatures again.

The original post is deleted, so i made same one :)

Last edited:
Rename this driver by changing its extension. This will "break" the driver and prevent it from loading. It will also break the software it is related to. I suspect you have had an older version of Speedfan at some time as it was a driver that SF (among others) used to use.

giveio.sys Thu Apr 04 03:33:25 1996

STOP 0x00000124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
Usual causes: Hardware, Incompatibility, May be driver corruption.

It looks to me that you are running hot by your idle temps (ambient temperature will play a part in this though!).

Stop 0x124 Checks
  • Ensure that none of the hardware is being overclocked.
  • Ensure that the machine is adequately cooled. Chase out those dust bunnies!
  • Make sure all hardware related drivers are up to date.
  • Possibly update the motherboard BIOS according to the manufacturer's instructions.
  • Always keep The Windows system itself up to date.
See this thread for additional pointers: Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Here are my temps in comparison. The Mobo and drives are cooler than the CPU (ambient 21°c).

Capture.PNG

Or is it a laptop?

Last edited:
Just spotted something else!!

Do you have Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120 installed? If so you'll need to uninstall it then change this drivers extension to break it: spdn.sys Sun Oct 11 21:54:02 2009

It's a variant of sptd.sys and has known issues with Windows 7.

I'm told your temps are good so ignore me being a worry head!!!

Last edited:
Hi,

Could you post the model of the motherboard, from the manual if possible with revision number.

Yes, updating your bios will do nothing to your warranty. If after the bios update you still have problems. Contacting your seller would be the next step. :) Point them at this thread if you have any problems. This forum has as good a reputation which will go along way at getting you sorted. They for one can't say you haven't tried to sort it out yourself.

Last edited:
I will now try to update bios. I couldn't do it earlier.

EDIT:
My pc is under warnity. Should i update bios?

Yes, updating your bios will do nothing to your warranty. If after the bios update you still have problems. Contacting your seller would be the next step. :) Point them at this thread if you have any problems. This forum has as good a reputation which will go along way at getting you sorted. They for one can't say you haven't tried to sort it out yourself.

Thank you.

Bios updated. PC worked fine, until it showed me white screen?!
When i restarted PC, ther wasn't mesage with error 0x124.
Maybe driver of graphic card is bad? Because i use ATI driver, and graphic card is Vision Tek.

Bios updated. PC worked fine, until it showed me white screen?!
When i restarted PC, ther wasn't mesage with error 0x124.
Maybe driver of graphic card is bad? Because i use ATI driver, and graphic card is Vision Tek.

Can you also check in event viewer to see if there is anything logged regarding this problem? You are looking for critical errors.

There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Go to the windows log>application tab.

You want to look for critical errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

Back
Top Bottom