Windows 7 Windows 7 Causing weird cursor issues.

djtoodles

I was running a beta build of windows 7, version 7057 anyway when i would be typing the cursor would randomly move backward on the text so i would begin to type over things i already type into. I thought it was just a problem with AIM at first. So i tried it in notepad and word and the same thing happened.

I am using a laptop so i thought maybe it was my palm hitting the trackpad to i put a piece of tape over the trackpad to make sure it wasent my hand causing it. Well obviously it continued to happen so i had to revert back to vista. I have been thinking of trying the RC but the time it takes to install all my programs etc etc takes awhile so i am curious if anyone knows why this was happening or if anyone else had this issue.

I was running a beta build of windows 7, version 7057 anyway when i would be typing the cursor would randomly move backward on the text so i would begin to type over things i already type into. I thought it was just a problem with AIM at first. So i tried it in notepad and word and the same thing happened.

I am using a laptop so i thought maybe it was my palm hitting the trackpad to i put a piece of tape over the trackpad to make sure it wasent my hand causing it. Well obviously it continued to happen so i had to revert back to vista. I have been thinking of trying the RC but the time it takes to install all my programs etc etc takes awhile so i am curious if anyone knows why this was happening or if anyone else had this issue.

so i had to revert back to vista
That was the right thing to do. Win 7 Build 705N ( I used N to indicate 2 or 7 ) was the worst Builds that got leaked out of Microsoft into the "wild" and I had a lot of problems from drivers and lack of or corrupt system files in those 2 Builds. I too had to abandon them and reformat the partition before installing a new Build. Believe me, the "real" Windows 7 when it comes out as RTM is going to be the Best OS ever from MS and probably the best OS of all types (Windows, MACS and Linux) in 2009-2010. I don't think it is just a Vista with a "new make over" although it will be able to use all Vista-compatible devices. So, generally speaking, if you have a PC with hardware that is not older than 2008 or second half of 2007 you should be happy installing the official Win 7 ( Not Beta) Many prior and subsequent Builds including 7077 installed easily and performed well and the 7057 was just a bad apple (no pun intended) that you happened to try . You don't have to wait too long for the RC.:)

well i guess my question is does anyone know what caused it? you can get the RC now on the internet. From what i used of win7 i am still a bit up in the air about it. The taskbar is the main thing i am not sure i like. It might take some getting used to. However the typing issue i have is a deal breaker:)

well i guess my question is does anyone know what caused it? you can get the RC now on the internet. From what i used of win7 i am still a bit up in the air about it. The taskbar is the main thing i am not sure i like. It might take some getting used to. However the typing issue i have is a deal breaker:)
That build -7057 is not the one Microsoft had released to us to do Beta Testing. It was leaked outside Microsoft and probably had a lot of corrupt or missing system files and in addition lacked necessary drivers all previous and subsequent builds had. It was really an half baked bread that did not taste good and made you sick:). You may wait to see the reviews on RC and decide about upgrading your Vista.

i have heard people say windows 7 runs faster than vista even in its beta builds. is this a true statement or just people thinking its faster because its new. I mean if the RC is going to run faster than my vista it seems like a logical step.

Back