Windows 7 Windows 7 Explorer Image Preview

Ayumi

I have a weird.. error? happening with the image preview. Basically whats happening is, I'm taking pictures and cropping them down in photoshop, and then saving them as a JPEG.

Now I can open the image in Photoshop, Picasa, Windows 7 Photo Viewer, Firefox/Chrome/IE/Any Web Browser etc, and I'll see the cropped image. But when I open up windows explorer, and look at the image preview, I can see the entire thing like it was never cropped at all.

This works for images that never touched my computer at all before they were cropped, so its not like there is some sort of.. ghost file that Windows is reading. The only data it has access to, is of the cropped version.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening, and how to either.. view the full image, or prevent it from happening?

Hello and welcome to the windows7forums.

In Windows Explorer do the dimensions and size show correctly?

I have a weird.. error? happening with the image preview. Basically whats happening is, I'm taking pictures and cropping them down in photoshop, and then saving them as a JPEG.

Now I can open the image in Photoshop, Picasa, Windows 7 Photo Viewer, Firefox/Chrome/IE/Any Web Browser etc, and I'll see the cropped image. But when I open up windows explorer, and look at the image preview, I can see the entire thing like it was never cropped at all.

This works for images that never touched my computer at all before they were cropped, so its not like there is some sort of.. ghost file that Windows is reading. The only data it has access to, is of the cropped version.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening, and how to either.. view the full image, or prevent it from happening?

If you look at the file size/date and path under the photo viewer (file/properties/general) is it the same as with Windows Explorer? I just don't think it could possibly be the same. Explorer must be looking at the original.

hi
great thread!i have this problem ... I've searched for it ... but i wanna something else!actually i don't want to solve this problem,i wanna use it ... i want to recover the original image from the cropped or edited image if it's possible!it seems that this can be done at least for a smaller copy of the image in the size of thumbnail!can any one help me?!
something else,i edited and cropped a pic,and i expected to see the original pic in the thumbnail but there was no difference!!!i see this problem just for images which i'd got from my friend's computer!!
and the last thing i wanna mention is that actually when i use ctrl+'mouse scroll' to make the thumbnails larger i see till a special size the thumbnails are still like original images and after that they suddenly change,again when i refresh the folder,if the sizes are not too large,the thumbnails become same as original images ... also some of them don't change even in extra large size!!!for example,one of them is edited by windows paint,and the thumbnail is same as the original image even in extra large size!!!or some of cropped images have extra large uncropped thumbnails!!!
hope someone helps me,i really need to recover the original images!
thanks for attention

Back