Windows 7 Firewall Error

The discs, keys, platform...something does not match, jibe or line up right. Either bits or disc & #.

Did you say Windows Firewall is not on the Services listings?

Plus, the Reg is broken & will only 'fix' via full install.

That's my story & I'm stickin' to it

Drew

catilley1092

Extraordinary Member
The discs, keys, platform...something does not match, jibe or line up right. Either bits or disc & #.

Did you say Windows Firewall is not on the Services listings?

Plus, the Reg is broken & will only 'fix' via full install.

That's my story & I'm stickin' to it

Drew
I'm with Drew on this, once the registry is shot, only a clean install (or re-install) will fix it. And once you get this thing right, backup (image) the install, so that you'll have a fresh install handy whenever you need it.

Cat

loafty

Honorable Member
THANKS guys for all your help and advice but the only way I am going to be able to fix this issue is to do a clean install and then do a back up straight away. Thanks again

Yep.

You're welcome.

I fixed this problem by regedit

computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BFE\Parameters\Policy\

Inside that location there is BootTime and Persistent, under each of those is a Filter

Inside each Filter I deleted all entries. As I compared the problem PC with a working one. And there were no entries on the working machine.

Rebooted machine and BNE came right up.

modify you registry at your own risk

loafty

Honorable Member
Thank You but problem is all sorted now

Thank You but problem is all sorted now
No problem, I figured you were fixed by now. Just wanted to get my fix in a thread someplace, so if someone in the future runs across it, its out here.

I initially found this thread in google searching, hopefully someone in the future will find it helpful.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.