Windows 7 Windows 7 first ok, later hangs on startup

AndiRudi

Hi, i recently did a clean installation of windows 7 on a laptop which worked fine. Then I did two things and after that it won't restart. On Startup the Windows 7 logo animation apperas, than it stops without message and has no further disk activity.
I can't boot into safe mode and the windows 7 restore from the dvd also hangs with a waiting cicle.

The things i've done:

1. Installed all windows updates
2. Added the second hard drive as drive h: (there was a question about the boot loader which i asked with use normal boot loader, i can't remember the exact text)

Any ideas how to fix?

Since you can't get in at all, try hitting the F2 key to access the boot menu. select the top hard drive and see if it will boot.

If not select the other hard drive and see if it boots.

Since you can't get in at all, try hitting the F2 key to access the boot menu. select the top hard drive and see if it will boot. If not select the other hard drive and see if it boots.

Thanks for your tip. I tried that and was wondering why windows starts booting on both disc because i installed it only on one of them?!? But nevertheless it won't start. I can see the Windows starting animation then it stops.

Adding the new hard drive may have changed the boot order.

Did yoou try both hard drives?

Back