Windows 7 Windows 7 Freezing on insatllation at Starting Windows screen

Paul1982

I have been trying to load Windows 7 on to my computer but it keeps freezing at the Starting windows screen. And it just sits there i left it for a few hours and it did nothing. it is gett me mad, i took out all of my pci cards except my video card, but i left my ram in (6 gigs).

I don't now what to do can anyone help me out please, thank you very much

Try installing windows 7 with other disks. If that doesn't work try installing some other versions of windows and if it installs, do a windows 7 compatibility test or check for faulty hardware. ]
You can also make try to install win 7 by removing the video card

I tired installing windows 7 on another computer and it worked fine I had no problems. So i now the disk is okay, i have tired putting in another video card and it still freezes at the starting windows screen. I don't now what else to do to get this to work, windows XP works fine on it, but i want to upgrade it to Windows 7. I really need some help please

Hello Paul and welcome to the forum.
As has already been suggested, if you have another operating system installed currently you might want to run this tool Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Download - Microsoft Windows to see what information it might offer.
Additionally you may want to have a go at an install with only a single stick of memory installed or even
Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour or more.
Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.
See this Guide to using Memtest 86+
It does seem to be consistent with some other Video card issues we've seen. Does your motherboard have an integrated card (on board) if so, is it disabled in the BIOS or have you manually selected your default video card to be used?
Failing that you may want to check your hard disk for any possible errors. Go to the manufacturer's website and grab their diagnostic software and see if your hard disk is all good.

Thank you for telling me about that program, i ran Mentest 86+ and found out that i had a bad stick of ram. I took it out and windows 7 is running fine now. So thank you to eveyone that helped me out

Great to hear that you have managed to resolve your issue. Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with the solution that worked for you.
Thanks for joining our community and we hope to continue to see you around the forum.
Regards
Randy

Back
Top Bottom