Windows 7 Windows 7 Icon Sizing, Spacing, Font, etc. I can't find the old classic display.

WizardNo1

I got here as a result of my Googled entry, "I can't find a way to change Desktop Icon Spacing, and I immediatly found an answer to my question. Why in the world did Microsoft make the old display window so hard to find? It was so easy on Win 3.1, 95, 98, XP, and Vista. So, I signed up to be a member of this forum, but I am finding it one of the most difficult to navigate of any Site I have been to in a long time.

WizardNo1

[email protected]

(And yes, the name uses a lower case "o" and the address uses a zero as the penultimate characters)

I got here as a result of my Googled entry, "I can't find a way to change Desktop Icon Spacing, and I immediatly found an answer to my question. Why in the world did Microsoft make the old display window so hard to find? It was so easy on Win 3.1, 95, 98, XP, and Vista. So, I signed up to be a member of this forum, but I am finding it one of the most difficult to navigate of any Site I have been to in a long time.

WizardNo1

[email protected]

(And yes, the name uses a lower case "o" and the address uses a zero as the penultimate characters)

Right click on an empty spot on your desktop and choose Personalize, now choose the first item on the list Windows Color and Appearance, and then click the last link Open classic appearance properties for more color options.
windowcolorandappearance1.jpg
You will get the Windows XP type dialog. Click on Advanced, Under Item choose Icon, Set the size to your liking. Range from 16-72, hit OK and again hit OK on the second dialog.
0113082030windowsmail2.png

I see from your posts that you did find the path. Answer to your pondering?
No real one. I think Microsoft OS Vista and 7, designers, had a special department created. It was manned by evil dwarves. .There sole briefing, was to confound regular users
They were basically there to make sure that "experts" got back into the picture and earned money or, alternatively, (as in your case) the internet, which is the direction Microsoft are now taking, got back into the picture.
The path, in this case, (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization\Window Color and Appearance) is the same as it was in XP, it is just more tortious and deeply hidden.

(Don't take this post seriously - just a joke. I love Windows 7 and most of Microsoft's products.)

Windows 7 is truly a very good and stable OS. I have win7 x64 home premium and am very happy with it. Were it not for the HORRID and downright lousy and almost useless "NEW' menus on Windows 7 and Office 2007 onwards; Microsoft would have had the best OS and office to date.

Damn shame they had to spoil it all by getting rid of all the user friendly menus and force us to play hide and seek!

Someone should fire the guys who came up with the new menu style. Hehe! I bet they all were company execs and none belonged to R&D!

Unfortunately, I do have to admit the above or below instructions are lacking.

My beef or complaint is that I do NOT have the option of Windows Color and Appearance.

All I have is the following:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Right click on an empty spot on your desktop and choose Personalize, now choose the first item on the list Windows Color and Appearance, and then click the last link Open classic appearance properties for more color options.
windowcolorandappearance1.jpg

You will get the Windows XP type dialog. Click on Advanced, Under Item choose Icon, Set the size to your liking. Range from 16-72, hit OK and again hit OK on the second dialog.

0113082030windowsmail2.png

Back
Top Bottom